LOCKDOWN UPDATE - LATEST

rudd

Site Supporter
Looks like the match was on Wednesday. If you read all the way to the bottom he gives an update on the Mossie bites which were two days ago. :)
Well spotted that man 😀 Saved a possible embarrassing moment!

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
This blog indicates a match was fished yesterday, or am I missing something?

Looks like the match was on Wednesday. If you read all the way to the bottom he gives an update on the Mossie bites which were two days ago. :)

Yes - it was fished Wednesday. My intended Spratts match was to be on Thursday, so I jumped in as next-to-last angler to register for the Over 60s on Wednesday. (The names on the sheet are in the order registered). The bites made me feel a bit wonky, which is why I was late writing the blog. I normally write it the day after the match. It takes 1-2 hours, which is why I rarely do it immediately I get home. :)

rudd

Site Supporter
Yes - it was fished Wednesday. My intended Spratts match was to be on Thursday, so I jumped in as next-to-last angler to register for the Over 60s on Wednesday. (The names on the sheet are in the order registered). The bites made me feel a bit wonky, which is why I was late writing the blog. I normally write it the day after the match. It takes 1-2 hours, which is why I rarely do it immediately I get home. :)
Thanks for clearing that up, hope bites have gone down.
I keep a sheet of anti histamine in the car just in case.
The worst bite (unintended pun) I received when fishing was a horse fly bite on left hand.
Hand went uo like a balloon and I found it hard to reel!

Tenacious Sloth

Site Supporter
Horse Fly bites can be very nasty.

I was bitten on my middle finger once and so had to pack up and rush home quickly...

So I could make love to the Missus before the swelling went down.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you haven't watched it already here is an excellent and informative chat between Rob Wootton, Joe Carras and Jamie Cook

Line Clip

What a very informative and positive talk by Jamie Cooke brilliant, an incite as to what effort and debate that goes into our sport of FISHING.
Good to know we have a man like him on board.

Angling Trust

RSS Feed
The Angling Trust made further representations to ministers over the weekend on the need to loosen the current restrictions on outdoor sports to allow competitive angling to resume and for us all to be allowed to continue fishing safely in accordance with our well proven Covid compliant guidelines. More details to follow.

Angling Trust

RSS Feed
Looking like positive news for angling -

The Government have today published details of their Winter Covid Plan and the revised tier system - https://www.gov.uk/gove.../publications/covid-19-winter-plan - which allows angling to continue in all three tiers when lockdown lifts on 2nd December.
The regulations will be published in advance of a vote in Parliament on Thursday and following the vote further guidance and FAQ’s are likely to be produced by the various government departments.
What happens now? On first reading, this Winter Plan appears positive for competition angling, coaching, tackle shops and charter boat operators as well as those who wish to spend Christmas with their loved ones. However, it seems that angling will not be seen as a valid reason to leave or enter a tier three area. Once we’ve seen the regulations and discussed them in detail with our advisors we will update our official guidance and distribute this as soon as we are able to do so - hopefully by the weekend.

In the meantime, enjoy your fishing and keep safe.

albi

However, it seems that angling will not be seen as a valid reason to leave or enter a tier three area......looks like angling is gonna be banned in most of the country.

SteveinSwindon

However, it seems that angling will not be seen as a valid reason to leave or enter a tier three area......looks like angling is gonna be banned in most of the country.
With the whole mainland country, bar Cornwall, in Tier 2 or 3, there should be loads of fishing available to everyone without crossing the boundaries of Tier 2 and 3. For example, where I am, all of Lancashire is Tier 3 and the Tier 2 areas are also suitably large, so I don't think angling is going to be affected much. Everyone should be able to get on a local venue without breaching the travel guidelines.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think everyone should just be mindful that we are being asked to keep travel down to a minimum

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter

missabite

I think everyone should just be mindful that we are being asked to keep travel down to a minimum
It's a shame the government has stayed with travel just being an advisory. Unless a fishery states no entry from higher tiers then I can't see many following the advice.

markyboy

Does lockdown end at midnight tonight so matches are ok from weds 2nd on or does it end midnight 2nd and matches ok from weds 3rd?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Does lockdown end at midnight tonight so matches are ok from weds 2nd on or does it end midnight 2nd and matches ok from weds 3rd?
It ends 00:01 Wednesday 2nd December 2020

The lockdown legislation was for 28 days and ends 1minute past midnight tonight - from a government source