Lockdown Quiz

Chervil

Site Supporter
My Conservative club just sent this out, if you are bored and want to pass a few minutes please feel free to give it a go. I don't have the answers, but I can email a combination of yours off to them and get a score. It hasn't copied across brilliantly.

Lockdown Quiz 14 Part 1: General Knowledge

• 1. The Summer Olympic Games were cancelled 3 times in the 20th century. In which 3 years? 1pt ea.
  • 2. Name Cornwall's county town and only city.
  • 3. Who was the first cricketer to make 100 test appearances?
  • 4. Who sang the theme tune to the 1967 Bond film, 'You Only Live Twice'?
  • 5. In Greek legend, Jason and his Argonauts were sent on a quest to find which symbol of authority and kingship?
  • 6. Identify this Ukrainian politician: He was elected Mayor of Kiev in 2014 and re-elected in 2015. He is currently Head of the Kiev City State Administration. He is well- known in Western Europe for other accomplishments.
  • 7. The Korean word meaning ‘the way of the foot and fist’ is known in English. What is it, please?
  • 8. Who or what is an Indian kulfi?
  • 9. In Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody, who was instructed to do the fandango and went on to be the lead character in the stage musical ‘We Will Rock You’?
  • 10. Who was the first Royal baby to wear disposable nappies?
  • 11. Marylebone and Kings Cross are two of the railway stations on a UK Monopoly board. Name the other two. 1 pt ea.
  • 12. Which BBC sitcom was set in Oil Drum Lane, a fictional street in Shepherd's Bush?
  • 13. Name the sweet pastry, widely enjoyed in Greece cuisine, made of layers of filo filled with chopped nuts, sweetened and held together with syrup or honey.
  • 14. Name the capital of the U.S. state of Louisiana.
  • 15. In 2001 a cover version of the 1966 hit single Somethin’ Stupid by Frank and Nancy Sinatra was released. Who were the singers on this version? 1pt.
  • 16. Who or what is a Bellini?
  • 17. Name the first ever nuclear-powered aircraft carrier. She was commissioned in 1961 and decommissioned in 2017. She was one of the longest naval vessels ever built and had a crew of some 4,600 men. Her name may be more familiar than you think!
  • 18. Name the dish, popular in Wales, consisting of hard-boiled eggs, mashed potato, milk, butter, Caerphilly cheese and breadcrumbs.
  • 19. Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of what?
  • 20. Two Asian men have held the post of Secretary-General of the United Nations, one Burmese and the other South Korean. Name them for 1 pt ea.
  • 21. In which TV comedy did Annette Crosbie play the long-suffering Margaret?
  • 22. Which comedian and tv presenter’s memoir was called ‘The Life and Loves of a He Devil? It was published in 2014, if that helps!
  • 23. What began on 22 May 1455 20 miles north of London and ended on 22 August 1485 12 miles east of Leicester?
  • 24. What was the original name for Cliff Richard’s group 'The Shadows'?
  • 25. Claimed to have been created by a French chef at the Ritz Hotel in New York City, what name was given to his cold puree of leeks, potatoes and cream?
  • 26. Which element was known as "Brimstone"? It has the atomic number 16, if that helps!
  • 27. Who invented the 'ultimate chip recipe' - the triple-cooked chip?
  • 28. Which country claims to have the largest malt whisky distillery in the world?
  • 29. Jehovah’s Witnesses believe Jesus has been ruling a kingdom in heaven since what year? I’ll allow 500 years either way.
  • 30. Who or what are Antonovka, Karmijn de Sonnaville, Lady Alice and Lord Lambourne?

Lockdown Quiz Part 2: The Chocolatey bit!

HIDDEN IN EACH OF THESE QUESTION IS THE NAME OF A CHOCOLATE BASED CONFECTION​

1. DEFINITELY NOT BEFORE 20.00 HOURS --------------------------

2. COUNT 4 PLANETS FROM

THE SUN FOR THIS ONE --------------------------

3. SINGLE SNOWY DEPOSIT -------------------------

4. BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES ARE

A WHAT…? --------------------------

5. SHHH WHAT DO YOU DO

WHEN YOU TALK QUIETLY? ---------------------------

6. IN THE “MANE” YOU WILL ENJOY THIS ONE ----------------------------

7. UP FOR DISCUSSION ---------------------------

8. THIS PLACE SELLS COW JUICE NOT BEER ---------------------------

9. A PUBLIC PASSENGER CARRYING VEHICLE

ESPECIALLY SEEN IN LONDON --------------------------

10. THESE ARE CLEVER LITTLE INDIVIDUALS ---------------------------

Lockdown Quiz 14 Part 3: A Piece of Cake!

!cid_image001_png@01D61275.png

emmaemma

Site Supporter
16. Who or what is a Bellini?
A. Someone who is a bit of a bell end...?

Chervil

Site Supporter
16. Who or what is a Bellini?
A. Someone who is a bit of a bell end...?
Look, you're not taking this seriously. There is a prize, a two week holiday over the summer. I thought that if I collate the answers I get, and we do win the prize, then the fairest thing I could do, would be to send you all a postcard.

Last edited:

JayBee

Site Supporter
Look, you're not taking this seriously. There is a prize, a two week holiday over the summer. I thought that if I collate the answers I get and we do win the prize, then the fairest thing I could do, would be to send you all a postcard.
Lee Richards is currently compiling a list of stupid / silly answers......Watch this space! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JayBee

Site Supporter
1. DEFINITELY NOT BEFORE 20.00 HOURS After 69--------------------------

2. COUNT 4 PLANETS FROM

THE SUN FOR THIS ONE --Daily Express------------------------

3. SINGLE SNOWY DEPOSIT Dandrufff-------------------

4. BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES ARE

A WHAT…? -PITA-------------------------

5. SHHH WHAT DO YOU DO

WHEN YOU TALK QUIETLY? --Dream about the wife's sister-------------------------

6. IN THE “MANE” YOU WILL ENJOY THIS ONE ---Give up, Ask Yuccaman-------------------------

7. UP FOR DISCUSSION -Wise Owl--------------------------

8. THIS PLACE SELLS COW JUICE NOT BEER ---Milky Bar------------------------

9. A PUBLIC PASSENGER CARRYING VEHICLE

ESPECIALLY SEEN IN LONDON ----Uber----------------------

10. THESE ARE CLEVER LITTLE INDIVIDUALS -Moles--------------------------

The Landlord

Site Supporter
1. 1916 1940 1944
2. Truro
3. Denis Compton?
4. Shirley Bassey?
5. Golden Fleece