Lockdown prep 👍

matt

Site Supporter
Nicely done Peter, I’ve just gone the other way and downsized from Rive to Brilo!

Plus have also spent a small fortune on floats and hooks to keep me occupied through lockdown! 😀

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nicely done Peter, I’ve just gone the other way and downsized from Rive to Brilo!

Plus have also spent a small fortune on floats and hooks to keep me occupied through lockdown! 😀
All part of the fun of returning to the fold after your sea and fluff chucking sabbatical Matt :upthumb: At least you shouldn't need a ladder to reach the seat on a Brilo. 🤣 😂

matt

Site Supporter
All part of the fun of returning to the fold after your sea and fluff chucking sabbatical Matt :upthumb: At least you shouldn't need a ladder for to reach the seat on a Brilo. 🤣 😂
To be honest, I’m really looking forward to returning to the match fishing fold..... I kept hold of most of my gear, the only thing I sold were my poles, so not too much outlay to start up again! 😂
I now live just a couple of junctions down the M40 from one of my old haunts Tunnel Barn and literally a few miles away from my old favourite Clattercote Res, so it will be great to get back into it and revisit some old friends 🙂
Farther afield once restrictions allow, I can’t wait to have a look at how Alders is now!
At least now with these new fangled puller bungs I shouldn’t have to do any box climbing! 😂

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I now live just a couple of junctions down the M40 from one of my old haunts Tunnel Barn and literally a few miles away from my old favourite Clattercote Res, so it will be great to get back into it and revisit some old friends 🙂
Farther afield once restrictions allow, I can’t wait to have a look at how Alders is now!
You need to chat to @chefster , he's the man who's. up to speed with Tunnel :upthumb: . I did hear that Clattercote has had a few problems with our eastern european friends but is still doing the business.
Alders? Brand new Tackle Shop and Gun range on site. Trevor is a fixture as Fishery Manager. The hill is still a killer. Ash (the main match lake) is down to 30 pegs now, mostly Carp but increasing numbers of Skimmers along with increasing numbers of small perch but no Rudd anymore, all new platforms and a lot of the bankside vegetation trimmed back along with the trees on the bank behind behind the old 30's to let more wind onto the lake.
Oak (Middle lake) has 12 pegs and is now the specimen lake. While Pines (Top Lake) is 25 pegs and still match oriented, mainly carp and skimmers with odd Barbel, Tench and some decent size (2lbs+) perch.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Im still using one NON sold me in 1673 , fe kin indestructible ,,,only ever needed the one 😇 best hook i ever had
I hope Neil you know im just having a bit of banter as you are a top bloke with some excellent ideas and lots of great fishing knowledge 😁

matt

Site Supporter
Thanks Peter, will hopefully get some sound advice from Chester about Tunnel... back onto the original topic of prep work, I’ve got this little lot to do before I can try and fit it into a Brilo! DAFB08C9-8023-4ADD-9530-58BB27F18D67.jpeg

baggy

Mark Saunders
I’ve been shielding since August and the only thing that is keeping me sane has been prep. I’m getting close to never having to make a rig for silvers ever again, about 8 rive trays 5 trays for commercials and 3 for naturals

0990DBDB-AD98-4B68-9650-5DAA169D3C06.jpeg 44ABC412-C4A9-4F13-8664-A08FBC693A3B.jpeg