LOCKDOWN NEWSFLASH

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
No Match Fishing means I have no need to travel to fish. For Pleasure Fishing, I have a couple of good options within 10mins from home. Unfortunately, one of those always closes for the whole of Feb.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
The reality is if some knob heads do drive from one side of their county to the other then given the overwhelming majority won’t go into anywhere on route as there’s hardly anywhere to go they aren’t actually likely to do any harm. Still makes them a knob for breaking the rules and doing it but whether they sit on their tod in the open air 3 miles from home or 30 miles from home it’s not really going to make any actual difference. Not that it excuses breaking the rules but it isn’t worth getting all uptight about as whilst still wrong it’s simply not comparable to those not following for example the social mixing, hygiene and distancing rules in terms of level of risk.

I for one get irritated by anyone that breaks any rule but I only get angry about those that by breaking rules pose a genuine undeniable risk.

Whisker

Site Supporter
They should, but they won’t, they’ll just take the ticket money
Ye, that’s what I thought too.
So as not to tar them all with the same brush though, I think one or two fisheries might embrace the idea, Lindeholme springs to mind.

david white

Site Supporter
Just a thought
As I read it the current restrictions to everybody regarding daily exercise is
“ you may leave home once daily for up to one hour “
wouldn’t that mean that you may fish once daily for up to one hour.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Just a thought
As I read it the current restrictions to everybody regarding daily exercise is
“ you may leave home once daily for up to one hour “
wouldn’t that mean that you may fish once daily for up to one hour.
Yeah, go on..complicate things why don't you. :LOL: We is still alowed fishin innit bruv.

The Hitman

Site Supporter
What part of it
I will explain more, speaking to John who runs Packington Somers his interpretation was. If you pass other fisheries to come to his you are not staying local. I have 4 fisheries within my CV postcode so thats why i said about fishing in your local postcode. It is difficult but it's just about being sensible really.
All the lakes are solid so i won't worry too much myself.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The reality is if some knob heads do drive from one side of their county to the other then given the overwhelming majority won’t go into anywhere on route as there’s hardly anywhere to go they aren’t actually likely to do any harm. Still makes them a knob for breaking the rules and doing it but whether they sit on their tod in the open air 3 miles from home or 30 miles from home it’s not really going to make any actual difference. Not that it excuses breaking the rules but it isn’t worth getting all uptight about as whilst still wrong it’s simply not comparable to those not following for example the social mixing, hygiene and distancing rules in terms of level of risk.

I for one get irritated by anyone that breaks any rule but I only get angry about those that by breaking rules pose a genuine undeniable risk.
The reality is the police can now stop you, ask you where you are from, where you are going, and turn you around or issue you with a fixed penalty.

The more anglers that get stopped, the more incidents will be reported, the more likely we'll see a total ban and no further negotiations.

If some decide to say screw it - they will screw it up for everyone else, this is without question.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
What's the definition of Local? - The basic rule is if you have to travel outside of your local area you have gone too far.

Why can't we Match fish? - Because organised sporting gatherings are not allowed.

Are Keepnets allowed? - Is that a serious question?

Why can't we Night fish? - Because it does not fall within Daily exercise.
The definition of local is within your district.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I will explain more, speaking to John who runs Packington Somers his interpretation was. If you pass other fisheries to come to his you are not staying local. I have 4 fisheries within my CV postcode so thats why i said about fishing in your local postcode. It is difficult but it's just about being sensible really.
All the fisheries round here are already solid...of ice.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Within your district, my postcode is different to my district, I fish in my district not my postcode.

david white

Site Supporter
Yeah, go on..complicate things why don't you. :LOL:
Because the powers to be haven’t the balls to lay down rules and or laws in plain simple language that makes what you can or can’t do obvious, to even Shaz or Baz ( other names could be substituted) ) on FB or whatever, can understand 😀

🤔 sorry I don’t have the answer either like others I await proper guidelines ( please )

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Within your district, my postcode is different to my district, I fish in my district not my postcode.
Plus, if there's no lakes/rivers in your postcode. then you have to travel (within your district) to fish.

fishcatcher4

This is a terrible decision and if we are in lockdown then that should be exactley what the word should mean.

How many of us say we are going to get some exercise when we go fishing?

Just because they are now saying we can go does not mean we should.

The virus fugures speak for themselves.

It does not matter how minimal the risk is as all these minimal risks end up along the line with more pressure on the NHS.

smiffy

Site Supporter
Sorry if this has been asked before but how long is a limited time? I think it was one hour during the first lockdown. If I sat on my local fishery for 6-7 hours would this be a breach of the guidelines?

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I am very surprised by the change, whilst on the bank we are very low risk, but, more fishing means petrol station visits, tackle shop trips, people breaking down and needing recovering, more potential accidents on the road, all of these are not risk free with an easily spread virus.

Local needs defining. Use of word district doesn’t help. COVID restrictions are applied to Gloucestershire as a whole (where I live), but the district council area is much smaller (many people do not have a district council due to the vagaries of local government organisation) the rules say:
”Stay local means stay in the village, town, or part of the city where you live"

My local tackle shop is 10 miles, my nearest venue I fish is 13 miles (I need safe easy access venues). I don know whether I will be breaking any rules.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
The reality is the police can now stop you, ask you what or where you are from, where you are going, and turn you around or issue you with a fixed penalty.

The more anglers that get stopped, the more incidents will be reported, the more likely we'll see a total ban and no further negotiations.

If some decide to say screw it - they will screw it up fro everyone else, this is without question.
That is a good point and hopefully those that do it are caught to discourage others from doing it, although not enough to result in another ban of course! I meant it purely from the actual virus risk point of view that it wouldn’t make much difference where they were.

Tbh like @chefster theres nowhere particularly local to me where I’d particularly want to fish as the places I fish are in the 15-20 miles range from me. But I have got a couple places I can go within about 6 miles so just to get out the house I’ll probably have a go once the weather improves as will be about a month without going anywhere by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.