Lockdown films

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Watched 'To Olivia' last night, the story of Roald Dahl and Patricia O'neil...it was actually rather good, much better than i was expecting, it also has the late great Geoffrey Palmer in it in what i'm guessing will be his last acting role.

Also watched 'shook' which is all about a 'social media star' who has all the AI/smart home stuff etc but realises how useless it all is when a psycho orders her to carry out 'tasks' to save her family and friends.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I saw one on Amazon a few week back. Can’t remember what it’s called but it was based on true events. A guy comes out of prison and gets a job looking after a rich bloke in a wheelchair. Worth a watch

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Psycho is a very dark film, probably the darkest of Hitchcock I have seen, darker than I remember it but also quite a quick twist to it rather than elaborate one as per something like Vertigo.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Going to watch Donnie Brasco tonight, searched for Yakuza Movies and this came up as one of them.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
It a true story about an undercover FBI agent who infiltrates the American/Italian Mafia and I don't remember even seeing a Japanese person in it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

tonerain

Site Supporter
Watched "I Care a Lot" on Netflix last night. Pretty good.
Stars Rosamund Pike, who's very easy on the eye.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
We watched "JoJo Rabbit" last night.

Based on the description on Sky Cinema I nearly gave it a miss. I even said to SWMBO that I couldn't see how they could make a comedy about the subject matter.

But, how wrong I was.

Very good and interesting satire, would recommend highly to anyone with a reasonable sense of humour.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Watched The Yakuza rented on Youtube last night. It's decent. A bit of a slowburner with a great soundtrack and the interplay between Mitchum as an actor and the Japanese cast is good. The subtitled bits weren't too much as it's half in English so you only need to concentrate on them at certain points. I want a hard copy of it now though as it would be a nice soundtrack to sample.

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
We watched "JoJo Rabbit" last night.

Based on the description on Sky Cinema I nearly gave it a miss. I even said to SWMBO that I couldn't see how they could make a comedy about the subject matter.

But, how wrong I was.

Very good and interesting satire, would recommend highly to anyone with a reasonable sense of humour.

Loved JoJoRabbit, and that ending when the beautiful Jewish girl starts to dance, I couldn’t stop smiling for ages after 🥰

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Paris, Texas for me tonight. 😁 Harry Dean Stanton, Ry Cooder score, directed by Wim Wenders. What more could you want? Cosy with a few beers.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Paris, Texas for me tonight. 😁 Harry Dean Stanton, Ry Cooder score, directed by Wim Wenders. What more could you want? Cosy with a few beers.
I'm reminded why I don't usually watch 'art house' anymore. It's a bit empty. Not much happens. But it does have a Ry Cooder score.

Much prefer obscure American films like one I watched the other night called Over The Edge (1979) about a group of druggie rebellious kids. I expected it to have a twist where the characters learn their lesson, bad kid comes good kind of thing, but it turns out it's just pure anarchy, with delinquent kids and equally inadequate adults. Brilliant and underrated film if you can find it.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Having a bit of a retro catch-up and revisiting my DVDs of Cowboy BeBop - love anime & manga

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
Horrible Bosses 1and2 , hit and miss Comedy but worth it to watch Jennifer Aniston talking pure filth

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Just found out that Series 8 of Homeland has arrived on Netflix. That's bought Netflix a stay of execution

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm back on a Michael Mann spree having watched Manhunter the other night, that film's the definition of Thriller. So I'm going to watch Thief tonight, Tangerine Dream score and good ratings so... been a while since I think I last saw it. Collateral with Tom Cruise has always been a favourite when it comes to Mann.

Team KDB

Watched To Olivia last night on Now Tv.
I thought it was a solid drama about Roald Dahl and his wife Patrica Neal.