Lockdown films

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Magnum Force on the books, just as good as Dirty Harry.

There’s something about 70’s police films, different times, different rules, different morals etc.

Just got time to see off The Enforcer (and a second bottle of Pinot Noir) before I climb the wooden hill to Bedfordshire

(Wow, haven’t heard that since my Nan died around the same time that Clint was in his prime.....)

H T B

Site Supporter
Saturday was Mrs H's call on the film, so we watched Chicago

First time I have seen it. Got to say I really enjoyed.

Catherine Zeta Jones looked bloody hot [one for the W... Bank]

If you like a bigggg cleavage, Queen Latifa [looked like she should be wearing all leather and carrying a whip,] looked like she had a pair of black Mitchell brothers heads trying to pop out.

Yesterday we watched a nice film 'a Good Year'
Albert Finney and Russel Crowe

A cuddle up with the Mrs to watch film [well, it was valentine's day ;) ]

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Afraid that Netflix is getting binned in our house. Just looked at what's on offer in March & it's disgraceful. Nearly every film is Rumanian, Czech, Asian or some other foreign offerings. I know some of you watch the odd foreign one but next month is a complete joke. I can't be doing with watching films with subtitles.
Rant over.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Still watching film noir here, even rewatches... Criss Cross is a masterpiece of the genre.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Afraid that Netflix is getting binned in our house. Just looked at what's on offer in March & it's disgraceful. Nearly every film is Rumanian, Czech, Asian or some other foreign offerings. I know some of you watch the odd foreign one but next month is a complete joke. I can't be doing with watching films with subtitles.
Rant over.
I used to avoid subtitled offerings, until I watched Gomorrah, totally changed my opinion.

Takes a bit of getting used to, but there’s really good stuff if you can get used to it.

Edit: just looked, there’s a new Spanish series from the same director as Money Heist, which was brilliant (although I can’t recall if I watched the subtitled or dubbed version)

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I used to avoid subtitled offerings, until I watched Gomorrah, totally changed my opinion.

Takes a bit of getting used to, but there’s really good stuff if you can get used to it.

Edit: just looked, there’s a new Spanish series from the same director as Money Heist, which was brilliant (although I can’t recall if I watched the subtitled or dubbed version)
I know mate. Friends keep telling me to watch Narcos & Gomorrah etc but I just can't enjoy it. It's a mental thing. Same as Kindles....I just can't do 'em. I like to have a book in my hand.

SeanB

Site Supporter
First season of Narcos is really, really good but I lost interest a bit in the second season set in Mexico.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
And very good it was too.

Some amazing scenery, and a decent storyline.

Tom Hanks doesn’t make many bad films but I can’t help thinking of Woody from Toy Story every time he speaks😂😂😂

H T B

Site Supporter

Tom Hanks doesn’t make many bad films but I can’t help thinking of Woody from Toy Story every time he speaks😂😂😂
Have you had a go at “It’s a lovely day in the neighbourhood “
First Tom Hanks film I’ve had to switch off

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I made the mistake of letting the wife choose the film last night "to all the boys"..... guys, when the wife switches it on you will suddenly remember you have to go walk the snail or something trust me!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm gonna watch Psycho tonight, seen it before but don't remember it the same way I remember other Hitchcock films.

alsur

Site Supporter

Just watched it very good