Lockdown films

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Lockdown afternoons when theres absolute pants on tv, try these British films on Netflix.

The Guernsey literary & potato peel pie society.

The Dig.

Easy viewing with the mrs and a brew.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I liked these recent British films

Fish Tank (been on Netfilx for a while last time I checked)
Under The Skin (weird Sci Fi film)
Valhalla Rising (atmospheric Viking film)
Bullet Boy (best of the 'ghetto' type films)

Watching The Dig now. Also liked Panic Room, something very special about houses with rooms like that. Had one I did a job on, Grade 2 listed Villa in Leamington, hidden behind a bookshelf.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I enjoyed Valhalla Rising, but it is a bit of a strange film.
He's done some good films that director. Bronson, Drive, Only God Forgives, and The Neon Demon.

Under The Skin is one of the weirdest British films I've seen but very good if you like that sort of thing.

Seen a much weirder film similar to Valhalla set during the English Civil War, A Field in England, but I wouldn't recommend that one as much, bit too weird for me.

SeanB

Site Supporter
I think I might have seen a Field in England a while ago, not sure what I thought of it tbh, I don't mind things being odd as long as they are entertaining. Slightly more mainstream, and it's probably been recommended before, but I loved Dead Man's Shoes, Paddy Considine is always brilliant. It's one of those films that gets better every time you watch it.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
A Field in England I didn't like too much, too much a mix of arthouse but with high British mannerism for me. Dead Man's Shoes is brilliant. Found my bedtime movie for tonight after The Dig though, All The Presidents Men.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Haven't seen The Dig yet, but All the Presidents Men is classic 👍
First time watching it for me and seems pretty good. Love a good Newspaper Drama movie like Ace In The Hole, Network, Call Northside 777 or the other one in the trilogy, The Parallax View.

And it has a David Shire score who did The Conversation and Farewell, My Lovely.

davepellet

for starters I've got 3 versions of the 39 steps on record & the other on DVD
also got all the Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes films on DVD
and loads of other war/espionage stuff all itching to be watched...
not enough hours in the day!

Chervil

Site Supporter
to get me hands on the remote once a blue moon would be a treat for me
There nothing my good lady watches that interests me, it seems to all be, hospitals, Covid, police, towie, voice, dancing on ice sort of stuff. So I have my own TV room. Which is bliss.