Lock up your tackle..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
CLARETS striker Ian Moore could not believe his eyes when he returned home to find his car missing from his drive -- just eight days after he moved house.

And he was even more bemused when the police told him what the crime tool might have been a fishing rod.

The 26-year-old said: "I had stayed over at my dad's after last weekend's match against Rotherham and so did not get home until Sunday.

"When I got there my car was missing from the drive. I had left my keys on the sideboard in the hallway and the door has got some clear glass in it and so the thieves could see them. The police think they just used a rod to hook them and then drove away without any problem.

"It is a BMW with a tracking device on it but there was not trace of it and now, nearly a week later, it is unlikely to be found. Apparently if the car is kept in a steel container, the tracker will not work.

"It has certainly taught me an important lesson and I hope others will learn it too.I will certainly be keeping my keys in a safe place from now on."

MALC

About 5 years ago i was working for a company doing deliveries to the Victoria Wine chain of off licences and 1 of the shops had the same thing happen with their cigarettes one night.

2 kids were caught on camera with a fishing rod and spinner casting through the letter box and hooking packets.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.