Loch Orchill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Having sat around complaining about the fishing north of the border, and only stirring myself to go fishing at Rolfs with the Jinx series (mainly due to the company) I have decided to venture forth to Loch Orchill which is situated near Gleneagles Golf Course, Auchterarder.

I know there are some nice carp in there so I have decided to fish the feeder rod with pellet. Those that know me tend to duck for cover when I start casting with a small cage feeder. For this I will be using softened micro pellet with banded pellet on the hook.

I am also going to try the tactics that tend to catch me fish at Rolfs for this session, apart from the feeder I will be using the pole at 9 metres with banded pellet (or sweetcorn) over a bed of 4/6mm pellet.

Catch or not to catch. The answer will be on this website sometime tomorrow evening.

MrV

Yorkshire exile
Site Supporter
Brings back memories Geoff [;)] Good Luck mate. Why dont you try the Broome fisheries at Annan, I fished it a lot when I was up there. John and Carol really look after you, and the tackle shop is well stocked, with a cafe on site too [:T]

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Will be trying that next Paul. What was a slight breeze when I left Motherwell was nearly a gale when I got to Loch Orchill. Unable to fish the pole even at 6 metres, so spent a couple of hours on the feeder, nearly got blown off my box a couple of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.