Local Tackle Shop Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

dward1996

Life Member
It's just a thought, but would it be possible to have a section of the forum dedicated to local tackle shops. I know there is the "Your Awards" section where you can comment on local tackle shops, but local tackle shop reviews often get lost among all the mail order tackle shops.

If you could have a section just dedicated to local tackle shops it would mean that when members move to a new area, they could look on the forum in this section and find reviews on tackle shops that were local to them, to aid them in finding a good new local tackle dealer.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's a good idea but the problem is if someone slated a local shop then it would be their opinion of it but we would be held responsible if the shop owner wanted to take it further
Added to that there's no way of knowing if the reviewer had actually visited the premises or was maybe a business rival

dward1996

Life Member
Originally posted by Dave

It's a good idea but the problem is if someone slated a local shop then it would be their opinion of it but we would be held responsible if the shop owner wanted to take it further
Added to that there's no way of knowing if the reviewer had actually visited the premises or was maybe a business rival

I can see exactly where you are coming from.

It was just a thought.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Many years ago on the MD's server I hosted another website and the guy that ran that posted his personal views on fisheries that he had visited and gave each a star rating

He was invited to a fishery to review it and did so with an honest and fair approach; however that didn't stop the fishery owner contacting her solicitor who in turn wrote to me threatening legal action due to their client's loss of business, etc, due to the review

I called them on the phone, after pulling the review, and the first thing the solicitor wanted to know was what our assets were!!

Needless to say he didn't get very far and the conversation was soon swayed, but it just goes to show what can or could happen

Incidently, the review was fair and just but not what the owner wanted to hear

chris w

pc problem solver
when do they ever Dave just like some clubs they take your money but don't like the criticism

dward1996

Life Member
Originally posted by chris w

when do they ever Dave just like some clubs they take your money but don't like the criticism

Unfortunately that is the difference between a good tackle shop (or fishing club) and a bad one. A good one will see criticism as a useful form of feedback which can be used to improve the service/product on offer. A bad one sees it as an attack on their business/club or even on them personally.

norm

Dave
could it could happen here with certain people the way they bad mouth certain fisheries

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I don' mind anyone bad mouthing a fishery or business if it is fact and not just a slur for the sake of it, and at the end of the day it is that poster's opinion

But it's an expensive business once it becomes a legal challenge/matter and often the claiment's solicitors will push for an out of court settlement because often that's the cheaper option for those being sued
I'm a Yorkshireman though and won't give up a quid without a fight lol, hence the legal cover insurance I have to cover such an eventuality [;)]

chris w

pc problem solver
how about a legal disclaimer stating that you dont take responsability for what is posted you know the kind of thing the same thing the super markets do with your car in their car parks

we the company name take no responsability for loss or damge to any car all vehicles left at owners own risk

that kind of thing not sure if it would work but it could be worth a try

dward1996

Life Member
Originally posted by chris w

how about a legal disclaimer stating that you dont take responsability for what is posted you know the kind of thing the same thing the super markets do with your car in their car parks

we the company name take no responsability for loss or damge to any car all vehicles left at owners own risk

that kind of thing not sure if it would work but it could be worth a try

Were you thinking of something like the Disclaimer link at the bottom of every page on the forum?[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.