Liverpool

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
If all teams had played the same number of games then yes it should be just ended and awarded.
Thing is though if you only have one either end of each division with a game in hand and a mathematical possibility they could escape.(or win it)
Then it just wouldn't be an equality for all.
Tbh I can't see this season ending with all games played; so best stop it now and right it all off.

And then there is the complication of who qualifies for Europe.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Like i say we will suffer but Liverpool not getting the First Prem Title will be Funny a Phuk :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

davylad

Site Supporter
It'll be a travesty if, in the event of the leagues not resuming, current table positions aren't honoured. Not just that we're top but why should clubs facing certain relegation get a bye and increased income from being in a higher league when nothing short of a Jesus type resurrections would've kept them up. Saving the big push to avoid the drop with 10 games to go isn't the way genuine clubs are and in the top 2 leagues no-one wouldv'e challenged Liverpool, Leeds and WBA as all the chasing teams on current form are dropping points.

Bring on the lawsuits ! 😅

It might save you the embarrassment again shang. :love: :love: :love:

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
If the season is abandoned, apart from millions of fans being disappointed, there will be many knock on effects. For instance hundreds of pubs will lose a lot of business by not televising any games. Not to mention the income the clubs themselves get !

Dusty

Site Supporter
If the season is abandoned, apart from millions of fans being disappointed, there will be many knock on effects. For instance hundreds of pubs will lose a lot of business by not televising any games. Not to mention the income the clubs themselves get !

Man Utd’s game the other day in the Europa league.. it was estimated that the home team lost out on 850k due to the match being played behind closed doors.

davylad

Site Supporter
The lower league clubs might suffer most, they need the cash just to keep going.

shang

It might save you the embarrassment again shang. :love: :love: :love:
On this occasion I reckon it actually is 'our year' as we've had our wobble and now others are experiencing theirs.
Even we could mess up from this position
😁

160642fishing

Site Supporter
The lower league clubs might suffer most, they need the cash just to keep going.

Not just the lower league clubs davylad,there are quite a few Championship clubs with big wage bills,I would think Leeds would have budgeted for another five or six gates of 30,000 plus when they set their expenses for the season and there will be others,I think the answer is to play the fixtures that are outstanding when the powers that be say it is safe enough,they can always put back the start of next season if neccesary.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Nice idea but it's not that easy putting back the start of next season,it will coincide with the Euros that will be re-arranged for next year and has to conform to policing arrangements which are committed to in advance. Then there is the African Nations,European Cup scheduling and probably others.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
A young mother was pushing her baby along the street in Manchester when suddenly a huge rottweiler dog lunged towards the pram, gnashing its teeth. The young woman thought for a moment that the dog would kill them when suddenly a man rushed over, wrestled with the rottweiler and broke it's neck with his bare hands.

Another man rushed to the scene and said, "I am a reporter and I saw everything that happened. Wait until I put the headline in my paper. It will read 'Manchester United fan saves baby from savage rottweiler!"

"No you can't write that!"
replied the man.

"But why not?" said the reporter.

"Because I am not a Manchester United fan, that's why!" replied the man.

"Oh, okay then," said the reporter, "I will write Manchester City supporter saves mother and baby from savage rottweiler!"

"You can't write that either,"
said the man.

"Why not?" asked the reporter.

"Because I am a Liverpool fan!" replied the man.

"Oh I see," said the reporter, "How about this then, 'Scouse ******* kills family pet!"

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Give a scouser a fish, and he can eat for a day.

Give him a fishing rod and he'll put it in your letterbox and nick your car keys.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Labour have pledged to invest in Merseyside and create 100,000 jobs if they win the election.

The Conservatives now regard Liverpool as a safe seat.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
I never realised how realistic these 3D televisions were until I fell asleep watching Liverpool the other night on "Match of the Day".

When I awoke, my wallet and stereo had been nicked

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
All Scousers can trace their family tree back at least 15 generations

All the way back to 1990