Little furry sods

Neskin

Hopefully this isn't a reflection of how my session tomorrow is going to go. I was singing the praises of the

Now I've got to assassinate the little buggers without my old dear getting upset

20191011_214743.jpg

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
I've said it before and no doubt I'll say it again.
Put your tackle into metal office furniture and it's safe from rodents.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
I have a large double door metal cabinet, a double set of sloping topped clothing with the shelving removed for the rods etc. And a double door low level cabinet for my bait. Never had any trouble with rodents and I have lived in an area that had lots of mice.

Neskin

I live in a flat so all my gear is kept in my parents garage. Once I've moved out of the flat and have a garage I'll deck it out seeing as my Mrs will probably make me live in there too.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Bought all my cabinets off fleabay. Silly money. But you have to collect.

Dusty

I had 2 mice in my shed last year that got into a bait bag and made a mess.
They also ruined sleeping bags and other items.

I’ve moved all my bait inside in a large plastic container but all my other gear is still in the shed with no issues.

It only took 1 night and 2 traps to get them.

rudd

Site Supporter
Had six traps set all week - no critters yet, just been out to check them!

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
What bait are you using ?
Chocolate on the old school traps or peanut butter in the humane ones work best l have found.

John Step

Site Supporter
Plastic dustbins for bait storage. Just in case I have small containers of rat/mice poison permanently in the 4 corners of both garage and shed. No kids about obviously.

jononcb

Had the same problem in my garage 2 weeks ago after I noticed a bag of 4mm pellets scattered everywhere on a worktop.
Put rest of pellets/groundbait in plastic containers.
Tried traps with chocolate and peanut butter but caught the 1 culprit with cheese about 3 days later.

fasteddy

Haven't had any problem with tackle or bait, but my cat has a habit of catching mice, then letting them go in the house alive. A bit of chocolate biscuit (humane traps), works wonders, so far caught every one she's brought in.

davylad

Had six traps set all week - no critters yet, just been out to check them!
If you put chocolate on them, and you don't catch any in a couple of days, then you haven't much of a problem rudd. I always have a trap set in my garage, but also have one of those gadgets that plug in to the mains, and it seems to work as I've never seen a mouse there for years. I catch no end throughout the year in the greenhouse etc etc.

ferret face

Hopefully this isn't a reflection of how my session tomorrow is going to go. I was singing the praises of the

Now I've got to assassinate the little buggers without my old dear getting upset

I have a couple of these ,keeps most things away

Attachments

• Narla.jpg
    Narla.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 5

PAB

Site Supporter
I have 3 rodent bait boxes down all year round and every year about this time I find the odd dead mouse as I did this week need to keep on top of them before they bed down for the winter and become a problem.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
I found a huge metal ammo can at a car boot sale (about 3ft by 2ft by 1ft deep). That is the location of any and all pellets, ground bait etc.

rudd

Site Supporter
If you put chocolate on them, and you don't catch any in a couple of days, then you haven't much of a problem rudd. I always have a trap set in my garage, but also have one of those gadgets that plug in to the mains, and it seems to work as I've never seen a mouse there for years. I catch no end throughout the year in the greenhouse etc etc.
I use nuttella spread- good stuff