Little boxes, Tubs and Tins

Maverick

Site Supporter
Got a few of these from Christmas with a mixture of lovely Christmas scenes on the lids. Approx 3" x 2.5"
Too nice to throw away but don't know what to put in them. Any suggestions?

IMG_20210220_070142.jpg

squimp

Site Supporter
Yesterday I had to move a pile of barbel leads to get into a box in my fishing shed - so I thought it was about time I had a lead sort out.

Quicktrip to the greenhouse and I found half a dozen old flower pots. Today’s job (assuming it carries on raining) is to design a grading system (swivel, in-line, watch) and sizing categories. Then I’ll amalgamate 3 or 4 different boxes/bags into a semi sensible storage system. That will make it easy in future to pick a selection for a particular trip. Some I dab with orange (!) dots to instantly tell me the weight (makes it easy in the dark).

Actual fishing involves a small zipped pouch that holds about 8 leads - enough for a day/night session. I travel super light and usually carry my gear.

My feeder stock lives in a giant carrier bag. Fishing involves a small black plastic bag, 8-10 feeders and a few dead cows.

Reuben

Site Supporter
Account Locked
I keep my shorter floats in an old wooden Romeo y Juliette cigar box. The M&S mint tins are very handy. I’ve one for a mini 1st Aid kit in my fishing carryall plus others in my hiking bergens. I’ve a fire lighting kit in another. I like tins & things.....

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
so I am not the only one then that sees value in what are chuck away things in our wasteful society

as per the opening post, I wish there had been such a plethora of good kit storage when I was younger

Reuben

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Not at all. The garage is well stocked with things that may come in handy. I must have a dozen of the cylindrical boxes that whiskey comes in - I use one for longer wagglers. Another goody is the little tins that come with Aldi mints. I use them for my loose hooks. My Grandad used to bring empty tin containers home from the foundry where he worked. I’ve still got some that I keep my paraffin stoves in. Can’t beat a decent tin......

rudd

Site Supporter
Henri wintermans cafe creme cigar tins make excellent bread punch boxes. Just pastry cut the middle of a slice with the tin.
They also make superb field or plinking targets for air gunners.
Can stand on ground to be knocked down or nailed to brance/post with hinges in middle horizontally to make a self resetting target.
Being metal also make a satisfying noise when hit.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Must have over 100 paracetamol tubs in shed.
no idea why I have 28mm Halibut pellets. Ground a load up but kept a tub full CA78702B-4AD4-483D-B856-AD0877EFBB48.jpeg
FC04219A-027A-4B3C-85CF-145A1F4680AC.jpeg

62tucker

Site Supporter
The overdose obviously didn't work unless you fed them to someone else. Just how many Paracetamols does it take to top yourself? :ROFLMAO:
Actually I used to get buckets that they used to come in. 5 litre and they were ideal for lots of stuff. Still got a few of them full of golf balls. But suppliers changed to them small one. Sure there’s 1000 in each tub and daughter used to bring 5/6 home every week. Next door neighbour shed is full of them. Better that glass jars. Don’t break when dropped 🙈

62tucker

Site Supporter
Dissolvable paracetamol tubes.
Or sterdent tubes make ideal tubes F49B0284-1BBF-40ED-BE1F-83CD4F1DF45A.jpeg for PVA mesh.

Dropon

My Dad smoked St Bruno, 2 oz tins , got loads on garage shelf with washers, split pins ,electric connectors etc. Hours of fun looking for something.

Zerkalo

One of my earliest memories is the smell of my dads tobacco tin. He stopped smoking when I was young.