Litter.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Saw this little article in this weeks Angling Times and have decided to try and do this myself when I get back fishing. My New Years resolution I think. Collect five pieces of litter from around my peg and bin em when I get home. Litter on the banks is my pet hate. 😡

Attachments

• 65B983FC-CDC7-481D-A105-F2DE2A457B49.jpeg
    65B983FC-CDC7-481D-A105-F2DE2A457B49.jpeg
    273.3 KB · Views: 4

Line Clip

Me too, hate to see litter anywhere specially on the banks, no need for it
Our club as a policy, if there's litter on your peg its yours.
If your in a match you wont get weighed in unless you pick it up.
Must say this works well never see much , more likely find broken pole float,s disgorges, or rod rests.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
The ones that really Boil my Pizz are them that bag it up then chuck it in the bushes :mad: Same with Dog sh:poop:t they pick it up and hang it in a tree, or even if the bins full drop it on the floor at the side of the bin :mad: Tek it home ya Dumb arsed idiots.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
It’s disgraceful isn’t it. If you can bring it to the bank full you can certainly take it away empty. That said I wouldn’t go picking up others litter under the current circumstances just in case.

Line Clip

I was a member of a fishing club, who decided to put litter bins, around the pool,
and it made matters worse because the bins could only be emptied once a week litter was chucked
around the bins, seagulls, crows, and other vermin got in the litter, and with help of mother nature, it got spread
all over the complex .

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
When we peg our matches at venues we always have a couple of carrier bags and fill them more often than not. It's easier to do that as the owners can come around after the match and we get blamed for litter from the day before.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
A good few years ago a lot of the pegs at Gold Valley were separated from each other by large magnolia bushes, absolutely glorious and offered great bankside cover. Unfortunately but understandably John Raison got the arse with all the rubbish pushed into and under them by knobheads and took a chainsaw to the lot of them. Ruined the look of the fishery for me. :mad:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
How's this for a reminder about litter around fishing spots. I printed a couple of these off and placed them round the lakes. They were found pulled down and ripped to shreds on the footpath.

View attachment 94287
Peter mate. If you print any signs off in future let me know pal. I’ve an encapsulater here. Idiots may still take them down but, they wouldn’t be able to tear them up. Your signs would be made waterproof also. Offers there for you matey. 👍

Pompous git

Site Supporter
For as long as I can remember the scourge of litter has not been taken seriously.

£250 fine and make it stick or how about having to spend a weekend in a bright red litter patrol outfit.

Would be a winner at election time, or sadly not.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I ride or drive down London road every day. Passing the shawes arms and looking down onto the ribble. There’s usually someone fishing but when I see these certain two lads I can guarantee there’s a bin bags worth of litter the next day. One day I’ll pass while they are packing up, then I’ll stop and tell them they’ve forgot something.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Peter mate. If you print any signs off in future let me know pal. I’ve an encapsulater here. Idiots may still take them down but, they wouldn’t be able to tear them up. Your signs would be made waterproof also. Offers there for you matey. 👍
Laminator on order mate. :upthumb:

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
When I was a kid, my dad would always say, If there's any rubbish in your peg when you leave I won't bring you next time. The lesson has stuck and to this day I will put all my gear in the car at the end of a session and then go back with a carrier bag to check. It's often amazing what you have missed whilst packing away. I think that people being caught leaving litter should lose their EA licence for a year.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Litter is one of the 3 problems that will most likely result in my local free lake getting the stocks removed - however a concentrated effort by a few of us litter picking every session has seen the levels drop by almost 90%

The alcohol and substance misuse is something we can’t affect though and that may be the final nail in the coffin.

davylad

Site Supporter
I'm going to make a few of them posters. I'm also intending to take a bag with me when I go for a walk, nothing dramatic, but every little helps. Like TIIM says, it's a pet hate of mine too, totally unnecessary.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
For as long as I can remember the scourge of litter has not been taken seriously.

£250 fine and make it stick or how about having to spend a weekend in a bright red litter patrol outfit.

Would be a winner at election time, or sadly not.
Make that florescent pink ! 😁

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
Very rare to see litter at decoy or Rookery Farm Fishery, but perhaps that's because there are so many matches there, and no-one would dare weigh in with litter at their peg.