Litter

Jeff1948

Angler's have just lost access to a beautiful reservoir in the mountains not far from where I live due to angler's litter, I can't understand the mentality of these people who bring cans and bottles that are full and heavy and when they are empty and light leave them behind . There is now a ban on smoking in public over here so hopefully there will be less disgusting highly pollutant plastic cigarette filters every where.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Some lazy barstewards just never learn. My last day on my local river saw me collecting two beer bottles, an empty corn tin, two empty hook packets and several yards of nylon monofilament. This is a club only river.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Every time i Go whether it be a day or Overnighter or 2 i come back with not just my rubbish. These anglers My arse. Leave footprints take memories.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I always have a couple of empty carrier bags tucked in a pocket of my carryall. Very useful things they can keep my maggots dry when it rains but best of all any empty bottles, cans, wrappers, line etc that I generate during my fishing can be put in one and taken home with me along with anything that some other kind person has left behind. Really clever things these plastic bags, got lots of uses if used correctly and really light to carry, everyone should take a couple with them

Zerkalo

That's sad news about your reservoir. Sorry to hear it.

At the weir I fish I can't work out whether the endless stream of litter, mostly drinks bottles, are from anglers, people just chilling there, or from being washed up in the flow. But every time I go there are new bottles. My brother in law when he fishes there always fills a bin liner or two with them.

BarryS

Gone fishing
I take other peoples litter away with mine and never leave a swim with litter around. If it were down to me I would make littering a capital offense.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I am not making excuses for litter bugs but what can you expect when authority is a laughing stock?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I am not making excuses for litter bugs but what can you expect when authority is a laughing stock?

Authority has nothing to do with it Pomp, just highlights the number of selfish morons/filthy buggers with little or no respect for the environment we share space with.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I can't understand the mentality of these people who bring cans and bottles that are full and heavy and when they are empty and light leave them behind .

Thats the bit I don’t understand, as it’s no hardship to them they clearly just don’t care about any of consequences of littering!

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
It gets pretty bad round our club waters at times, but have to say that it's not always the anglers. There is a public right of way that goes down one side of both lakes, so we get dog walkers, horse riders, families out for a stroll when the weather's nice etc. Add into that the recycling center that's just over the fence, and when it gets windy, the paper, cardboard and other bits get's blown over. It just peeves me when I do my rounds that most anglers do bag their own litter up and leave the peg tidy, only to find rubbish under the trees and hedges just thrown there by others when there's no excuse for it, there's big litter bins at either end.

Jeff1948

I know what you mean about bins, on my club river you have to go down steps to get to all swims, every set of steps has a bin you must walk by but still lots of litter left behind. Last time I went while clearing up the rubbish left behind I found a fishing shop recipe with 10 euros inside so a few beers for me.:cool: Cheers.

rudd

Site Supporter
Cleared loads of line off rocks at Polzeath on Thursday and took it all plus a few plastic bottles back to camp site.
On the way back grabbed a piece of paper blowing across beach.
A brand new crisp £20 ?
Some poor kid didnt get an ice cream! ?

Stufish

In my opinion littering is another example of a lack of morals in society. Lack of respect for the police, the elderly and the environment should be recognised as morally wrong but unfortunately a sense of entitlement is more important to some people.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Authority has nothing to do with it Pomp, just highlights the number of selfish morons/filthy buggers with little or no respect for the environment we share space with.
It has everything to do with it.

If you were a litterbug would you be scared of the powers that be?

Even repeat fly tippers laugh at the law.