Lisence or Not

Should Fishing Licences be compulsory - Yes or No

• Total voters

johng19

me@home.com
Site Supporter
Just like to see what people think.
I personally dont, reson why for private waters that fund them selves.

Compulsory Yes

No

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
When fisheries have a problem who do they ring..... the EA, our licence money pays towards the EA so yes i'm happy to pay for a rod licence even though the EA did nothing to help when my stretch of river was polluted.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
The EA do a lot to support privately owned fisheries. Our local commercial has benefited from their involvement and I am more than happy to buy a rod license.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I'm happy paying for mine. The EA do some sterling work.

johng19

me@home.com
Site Supporter
Dont no how to do the pole where you just tick yes or know

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Definitely a yes for me, not everything the EA do is wonderful but they certainly do a lot of good work.

jasonb

I've gone with no for the licence fee, it just does not seem to be working. the condition of the rivers is going downhill and angling participation is falling. to measures of the value of the licence...what are we paying for other than to keep people in jobs?

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
hell yes, just look at what would have happened to Alders Farm as just one fishery if it wasnt for the actions of the EA (from memory)

willothewisp

willothewisp
Site Supporter
While there may have been no need for a licence in those 'rose tinted' imaginary days of pre industrial pollution when abundant fish populations self sustained, it's literally a "different kettle of fish" now. The pressure on most waters near heavily populated areas requires conservation and policing measures, (for both pollution control and sustainable angling), so there is the inevitable political question of who pays for for such measures. While those who only fish commercial waters may resent paying for a licence on top of the permit fee, as others have said, the EA regularly helps out commercial set ups in difficulties.
So all things considered I'm happy to pay for a licence knowing that it goes towards improving the availability of fishing possibilities.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
The EA really helped out a lot of commercial fisheries in the extreme summer weather last year so you can’t say they have no relevance to commercials. Both their experience and extensive equipment are a valuable resource in a time of crisis. I also think it’s morally wrong to say that our natural waterways should be allowed to die out as long as private enterprises are successful at making fishing available to the masses.

johng19

me@home.com
Site Supporter
Never seen much help given to fisherys by us. You even need it to fish your own pond, ripoff if iv ever seen one.