Lingmere any1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PelletWaggler

Any1 been on the match lake at lingmere recently, what pegs are producing and are the barbel on the feed yet???

[:H]

Uncle Festa

aka worker1
I fished it in a pleasure session (peg 5 or 6 not sure which)on the 'mong' some people call it the monkey method.

8-18" line and banded pellet,tip of pole in water and shake then fire pellets(8-10) over line when fish start to show reduce feed to 3-4 pellets or just windmill the pellet giving the impression of pellets hitting the water, keep the fish competing for feed.I had a dozen or so carp upto 8lb.

I had never tried it before the owner Steve explained the method to me couldn't believe it worked.

My mate was sitting next to me and was fishing on the deck as soon as I started on the 'mong' his swim died a death,all the carp came up in the water.he fished the margins and had 3-4 barbel on corn and a few tench.

we both caught at 11-14 mts but the 'mong' seemed to produce fish/bites a lot faster.

Hope this helps,Steve will put you right to the best pegs and methods if you have a talk to him before fishing.

Let me know how you get on
Worker1 (col)

PelletWaggler

I spend around 80% of last summer fishing the mong rig, so i'm abit of an expert really. But cheers for the advice [:T]

Another question is, have you ever tried paste at lingmere? ino its very pellet dominated but have never actually came across any1 giving paste a go?

Uncle Festa

aka worker1
no I've never used paste before saturday(just gone), I would imagine paste would work well,seems a lot of lads I fish with catch well on it.

One of the lads used paste around a hard banded pellet on Ligmere last yr (on the tip) by the ariator.It was to windy for the splash waggler to windy to hold the pole on the day, he caught carp and barbel.(2nd in the match).

Worker1 (col)

PelletWaggler

Originally posted by worker1

no I've never used paste before saturday(just gone), I would imagine paste would work well,seems a lot of lads I fish with catch well on it.

One of the lads used paste around a hard banded pellet on Ligmere last yr (on the tip) by the ariator.It was to windy for the splash waggler to windy to hold the pole on the day, he caught carp and barbel.(2nd in the match).

Worker1 (col)

Cheers for the info mate [:T] I'll let u know how i get on! [:D]

tezza21

I personally used maggot on a waggler on the first peg u see after the gata and i had good sport i also caught a 5lb barbel was chuffed

Status
Not open for further replies.