line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lp1886

Site Supporter
Ive just bought some 6lb direct mono and 4lb shimano exage. are these lines any good? i want to use the direct for fishing the feeder/bomb for bream and the exage for fishing the pellet waggler. I did buy some 4lb maxima chameleon but was unsure about the dark colour and prefered the light grey of the exage. was this a mistake to choose the exage over the maxima?

Ricky24

Rich
I just brought some Direct Mono too on the reccommendation by someone on these forums Him and one or two others I have spoke to about seem to think it's the business so I am looking forward to using it myself for they type of fishing that you intend to use it for. Hope this helps, don't know anything about the exage so can't help there I am afraid.

davefish

used the 6lb direct myself last sunday for the first time and found it excellent catching over 70lb of carp up 12lb plus off the top on floaters never loosing a fish found the maxima to be a bit too stretchy for this sorry not used the exage but shimano dont make duff gear

cess monkey

I have used exage and i didn`t like it at all, so i would`nt reccommend it.
I wouldn`t use maxima for float work because it sinks like a brick and will drag your float towards you and away from your feed.

Hatman

Drawbag ace
This is going to sound a bit '1 up' on Davefish, sorry - not intended.

I had about 70 pounds of carp (including a couple of doubles ) on floaters too last weekend, but on 4lb white (clear/translucent in water) Trilene. I was impressed with the stuff, used it straight through on an avon road, no breaks all day despite some severe pressure because of snaggy ground. I've very impressed with the stuff, despite it looking a bit bright on the spool.

Re the dark Maxima. Didn't they used to market it as invisible to fish because it absorbs all light until some bright spark pointed out that the colour black absorbs all light & black things aren't invisible! I like maxima, but usually the green and not for the hooklength!

Status
Not open for further replies.