Line Technology is Thinner Better

Robwooly

I'm glad some have mentioned abrasion restistance after all it's very rare for any line to get broken in open water. I also let my shot slide, I'll go overkill on this and have them on so loose they will fall off if It goes all snag central with a fish. It's amazing what you can get in on light line when you do and also how strong it actually is

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I’m going to put down not being able to knot flourocarbon as my own fault really as it works for others.

The snags in my weir are mostly on the bottom saved for one big branch on the inside that the Chub always drift towards and I’ve got locked up in there by them a few times, but having a 12ft rod helps as I can steer them away a bit better than an 11ft. Amazing the difference a foot can make.

Actual fact, after catching the same fish 4 times there in two sessions I’m giving it a break for a while there otherwise I would be down there non stop like today when I had a day off work.

richox12

I’m going to put down not being able to knot flourocarbon as my own fault really as it works for others.

The snags in my weir are mostly on the bottom saved for one big branch on the inside that the Chub always drift towards and I’ve got locked up in there by them a few times, but having a 12ft rod helps as I can steer them away a bit better than an 11ft. Amazing the difference a foot can make.

Actual fact, after catching the same fish 4 times there in two sessions I’m giving it a break for a while there otherwise I would be down there non stop like today when I had a day off work.

Sounds like you need a new challenge

Total

Site Supporter
Ive never used fluorocarbon in the light breaking strains you would use for coarse fishing but in higher breaking strains a contributory reason to why its mostly used over mono as sea fishing leaders is its abraison resistence. I guess it must be quite different in lower breaking strains.

Its using it/for the right application and for the right job in mind is the primary important reason...Like most of us on here, I've been around the block more than once.... some of the marketing/advice even from some professional anglers regarding fluorocarbon use makes me shudder at times...:(

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Sounds like you need a new challenge

Yeah the Severn is one, I need to get on there before August from when on I’ll be doing a lot of Bream fishing too. I try to rotate my fishing but I think you’re right there.

I don’t really class fishing this weir as ‘proper’ fishing anymore as it’s only the one peg that probably holds 50 Chub, 20 Bream, 20 Perch, 20 Pike, 20 Eels, and a new load of little Chublets at a guess. For a heavily fished place it’s quite easy there just chucking a feeder out. Although a good variety there overall and anything could come swimming along, it's only a small place so only so much it can do...

Now for Bream fishing that’s one area I’d consider using a hi tech reel line, to aid casting and bite detection etc, as I might be getting a feeder reel to spool up.

So would be looking for recommendations for a Bream fishing reel line other than braid?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
@Total you’re not wrong there, I’ve seen so many comments on fluocarbon hooklengths from various anglers of differing views that I’m still none the wiser what it should and shouldn’t be used for lol