Line loader

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaul66

Hi guys well just found this site and this is my first post ! Been having a few problems loading line on to a new reel in that i keep getting tangels .Did one reel the other week with no problems but when i come to do another one just cant get it to stop knotting its self tried soaking it using a cloth to hold it all sorts . Saw a line loader on tackleuk.co.uk and just wondered if anyone has used one of these and is it any good https://www.tackleuk.co.uk/#Daiwa-Sensor-Line-Loader/sp/4251

evolution

evolution
just make sure the line comes of the spool the same direction it goes on your reel i.e clockwise or anti clockwise,

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Hi Paul, welcome to the site.
I`m just lazy, I put new line onto spools either using a bucket of water or I chuck it in the edge at the fishery. I feed the line down the rod to the reel and tie it on, keep a little pressure on the line and off you go. Never had any problems!
Why make things complicated, if it works it works!

gudgeon man

USED ONE OF THESE LOADERS NICE PIECE OF KIT,STILL THREAD LINE THROUGH FIRST RING ON BUTT SECTION AND KEEP SOME TENSION ON LINE SHOULD BE OK.

Col7777

I've got one of those, also make sure the line comes off from the bottom of the spool on to the reel, I also put a clothes iron on a large piece of sponge and have the line coming through that before it goes on the reel just to add a bit of tension.

Andy Macfarlane

Once I've loaded a spool with new line, I take the spool off the reel and immerse it in warm water and leave it overnight. The warm water helps the new line 'relax' onto the spool evenly and helps to remove and lumps and bumps, which you sometimes get when you're using bulk spools of line.

The heat won't damage the line as long as it's not too hot. This is how some distance casters load their reels.

Just remember to leave the line unclipped (ie: don't clip the line under the line clip) when it soaks.

When you get to the water, tie a bomb on and cast your rod a dozen times or so. This helps peel the new line off and lie it back on the reel under even pressure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.