Line and Hooklengths

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillm

What is the best coarse reel line and hooklength line? Braid or Mono? And how much difference in breaking strain should there be between the two?

bloomer

fishing monster
depends what for, for general reel line daiwa sensor is cheap and does the trick, for hooklengths everyone has there favorites but preston power line does the job fine for me. I usually have my hooklink a couple of lb breaking strain lighter than my main line.

braid is for distance feeder fishing and some specimin applications.

others will have there own preferences but thats what i use and it does ok for me!!!

supersuperleeds

Daiwa sensor for me on the main line as well. I use whatever I have laying around for hook lengths. At the minute that is I think Drennan float (green spools with a fish on them)

I did try some ultima line that I got free with a magazine last year but it kinks awful when you run it through the hook tier, so that will get used up as the main line on pole rigs

fish finder

callum
Originally posted by supersuperleeds

I did try some ultima line that I got free with a magazine last year but it kinks awful when you run it through the hook tier, so that will get used up as the main line on pole rigs
thats where im going wrong with the hook tyer, i use the ultima.[:T]

getfishing

Pete
I use Gamma Copolymer on the reel and Garbolino Garbo Line for hooklengths, they're both great.

Status
Not open for further replies.