lindholme (beechs lake)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark bradley

got a match on sunday on beech`s anyone know how it has been fishing and what baits i will need ?[:D]

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I fished peg 25 in the Big Bash last week. I had two carp, a chub and a roach. If I say that I have won three out of four club matches this year (two different clubs) you will see I'm not exactly a numpty.

This was my first time at Lindholme so can only speak from this one experience. I think Beeches is very peggy. Peg 26 won the section with 42lb. 27 had 30 odd pound I think. But both are pegs you would run to. If you draw these you will need some heavy elastic to stop the fish bolting in to the reeds.

If I were to fish this lake again I would go tooled up for carp but have a back-up plan for silvers. So I would take the usual pellets (must use fishery own feed pellets - they are green swim stim, 2 750 gramme bag), corn and meat. In addition I would have two pints or more of caster or maggot. If I cant get the carp then I would attack the silvers and see what weight I could get.

Last edited:

Fisky

There are a variety of different type of pegs on Beeches so you need to go geared up for everything. The main bowl pegs 7 - 16 and 30 point haven't been so good this year but alternate between the Method and the lead, loosefeeding 8mm pellets towards the middle of the lake. Have a pellet waggler set up in case they come up. A pole line is also worth feeding heavily with meat or pellet at 13-14.5m.

On the first arm pegs 1-5 and 34-37 go geared up with heavy gear i.e guitar string tight red or brown hydro. 0.22 - 0.20/0.18 hooklengths, maybe an eyed hook tied like a spade. The fish are in the reeds in the edge. Also worth feeding long here.

The second arm, pegs 26/27 and 20/21 are good. Fish to the snags and islands again with heavy gear.

On all pegs there are silvers to catch - I would loosefeed casters or maggots and try to catch shallow, there's big chub, ide and bream to catch. I was on this lake also in the Bash and caught around 15lb of big silvers in an hour spell shallow but they left me. I got the impression they were spawning and not really many there feeding but it's always worth doing in the middle of the match. Beeches is clear so fish fine with long lines for silvers.

mark bradley

thanks for info fellas how big do the carp run to in the lake:eek:)

Last edited:

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I didn't see anything over 4lb. But as I say I fished it once and watched three lads get weighed in.

neilg

The Baldy Man
Here is the results for the beeches section on weds off my Festival

1 peg 20 tom pickering 71lb 15oz
2 peg 27 john allerton 71lb 2oz
3 keith pearson peg 26 67lb
4 peg 35 matt pilley 59lb
5 peg 1 tim morgan 57lb
6 peg 21 alan crouch 56lb
7 peg 30 paul christie 49lb
8 peg 16 steve lister 46lb
9 peg 36 mark booth 45lb