Lincoln Weir, Stourport

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Chatting to my uncle yesterday about where we were going to go fishing next, we both mentioned it's almost river season. I mentioned the weir on the Stour in my village but I don't think he'll get down the bank or over the fence. He said he doesn't want to get BAA this year as he won't get out enough to make it worthwhile, but he also mentioned what he called Stourport Weir. He reckoned he fished it over 20 years ago and had some nice Barbel out of there. Is it still worth fishing and are the Barbel still about?

tunna

It's Lincomb weir ain't fished it for years, always caught plenty of BIG Bream. There, not sure if or who does the tickets if available. Saw this on face ache for parking on left side by lock if it helps

Attachments

• 1654269737250.png
    1654269737250.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 11

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Ah yeah Lincomb. Cheers mate. I might end up there with my uncle this year as it sounds like he wants to fish it.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Can't be me. I'm always perched on the front of my chair, leaning forward and watching the tip like a hawk, even if I had a recliner. :LOL:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Yep although a hangover from when I was properly into football. I'm now the Burt Kwouk of fishing. Could attack/strike at any moment.