Lincoln Tench fishing

Jonno_1

Site Supporter
Morning all, I’ve recently moved to Lincoln and would like to know if anyone can suggest any fisheries around Lincoln that hold a good stock of Tench.

I’ve done some internet research, patrolled the banks of numerous fisheries pestering friendly Carp anglers about any Tench they’ve caught. Most importantly I’ve fished a few lakes but still not having any luck.

Can anyone suggest any Lakes in the Lincoln area to help me catch a few late summer Tench?

davej

old hippy
Site Supporter
Have you looked at fishing the drains.? Few videos on youtube about it.

Tantric Socks

Site Supporter
Warping drain. It's about 50 mins from Lincoln, if you dont mind travelling that far, its on a Scunthorpe ticket, holds large amounts of quality Tench

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
I think Danny Fairbrass was creating a new syndicate somewhere between Lincoln and Newark with a quality tench lake? Never heard anything else about it ?

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
bargate drain boston = lots of tench around the railway bridge area. Or the Saxilby Canal near Woodcocks Marina.
There is also a lake Market Rasen way that is predominantly a tench lake, I will find the info.

Flathead

Site Supporter
Most of the drains fish better for Tench in the winter....certainly those in Cambridgeshire do

Jonno_1

Site Supporter
bargate drain boston = lots of tench around the railway bridge area. Or the Saxilby Canal near Woodcocks Marina.
There is also a lake Market Rasen way that is predominantly a tench lake, I will find the info.

Thanks for this, I know there are a few lakes around Market Rasen but if you can think of the name of the lake that would be great.

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
The best place I know for tench is caistor lakes Foundry pond. It is not too from lincoln. The tench lake is on the road from market rasen and caistor but nearer market rasen.

JayD

Warping drain. It's about 50 mins from Lincoln, if you dont mind travelling that far, its on a Scunthorpe ticket, holds large amounts of quality Tench

Wow! That had me searching on google maps. I used to fish the Warping drain, at Owston (sp)ferry many more years ago than I care to admit. In my early teens I used to go with my oldest sister and her husband who had relatives living in Belton. We used to fish the R Torne near Belton, Wroot, and the Idle at Idle stop, as well. Had a few tench out of all of them if I remember right as well as some good perch and roach. Looking at the maps, I don't think I'd recognise any of them now, but it got me itching to go back if I ever get the chance. Thanks for bringing back some good memories(y).

John.