Lime Tree Park AC Winter League 09/03/03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Roberts

The Turk
This was the 5th match in a series of 6 and was held on Long and Stock pools - we've had 4 matches on the main match pool (Monk), what with the problem with Whitespot and low water levels it was time for a change.

Only 9 brave souls turned up but at least we all caught fish this week.

The result was:

1st Andy Woods 8.2.0 stock
2nd Rose Beale 7.14.0 long
3rd Dave Watson 3.10.0 long
4th Bill Tolley 3.5.0 long
5th Geoff Eggison 2.11.0 long
6th John Brookes 1.10.0 long
7th Paul Roberts 1.7.0 long
8th Bette Rowlands 1.0.8 stock
9th Arthur Jeffcoat 0.4.8 stock

Andy managed a few chub, a carp, some roach and perch on the feeder and the waggler. Rose did her usual - she sits, she waits and gets one bite (always near the match end) hooks a big carp and lands it after it's twice been under the pallet!! Dave W. started off with a fish a chuck on the caster then died with 2 hours to go. Bill Tolley lost a good carp, Eggo lost a good goldfish .... me? I never hooked anything big (went ****-or-bust for the chub/carp).
99% of the roach were in excellent condition so fingers crossed the dreaded Whitespot has disappeared.
Made a lovely change to fish the match on Long/Stock, catch fish AND sit in the sun for most of the day (won't be long before we can strip off and fish!!) CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

As it stands, Andy cannot be beaten unless he doesn't turn up on the last match (Geoff, take him out for a beer drink.gif the night before,then we might stand a chance!)

Sorry, no pic's today (my wife beautiful.gif took it to Crufts to take pic's of our 'mutt' who was competing - he got a silver medal (at least someone in the Roberts house-hold won something!)

Regards

drums.gif

Paul

Steve Baker

Paul,
Please don't take your clothes off again. enough people are leaving the Lime Tree already![|)]

MALC

Glad to see some fish were caught Paul.[:)]

But as Steve says please dont threaten us with the thought of stripping off,[:0][:0]

Well done on the dog side as you say at least as you say one member of the Roberts household can win.[:D][:D]

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Paul Roberts

The Turk
Perhaps I should let the dog fish in my place - PARTNER!!!!!!! At least we'll have a fair chance of winning the Bag-Up Series. Only problem is he can't drive, so how is going to get to the matches[?]

So you'll have to stick to me, matey boy!

I can't wait for this to start - roll on MAY!

What d'yer say, MALC?

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.