Lime Tree Park AC - R Avon (Lido) 24/11/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Roberts

The Turk
Our first outing, on a river, in nearly 12 months, proved to be a total wash-out for some. If you weren't drawn in the bay, or had some slack water to fish, then you were in for a long 6 hour match.
The river was fining down lovely until Saturday when we were hit by 2 rain storms. This resulted in the river 'boiling' thru' at a right ol' pace.
The majority of the best weights came from the bay, by the car park, as they had very little moving water, from then on the majority of the water looked like the inside of a washing-machine - and guess where I drew?

Nevermind there's always next week (and the next .....)

Anyway, the result was.....

1st Steve Baker 8.0.0
2nd Mark Chinn 7.13.0
3rd Bob Poole 5.9.0
4th Andy Woods 4.0.0
5th John Rose 2.8.0
6th John Brooks 2.4.0

I'm afraid nothing much, of a humourous nature, occurred (apart from the 'shagging dogs' opposite Geoff Eggison's peg and, also, Geoff breaking his feeder rod then landing it nearly 2 pegs downstream)

Hopefully, Malc will be able to fish the next match then he can do the report (with a bit more detail than mine - sorry, but it's Christmas and I'm up to my eyes in work at present)

Looking forward to the final of the Knockout Cup, this Sunday at Sheepy. It's between me and Craig 2 wives Neale - he's beaten me on the last 2 matches and I beat him on the previous 2 so it looks like being a close affair!!!

Bye for now!

drums.gif

Paul

MALC

Looks like i did not miss much in the end Paul..!!

Well done Steve B on the win (must make all those miles feel better)[;)]

Will be at the next match on the 8th at Sheepy.

Paul--Knockout Cup !!!!
Whats that about then [?]

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Paul Roberts

The Turk
Malc - it's to do with a club run by Arthur (Courtaulds AC). Quite a few of us Lime Tree members are in it (me, Craig, Geoff, Andy, Barry, the girls etc) - it's a more laid-back sort-of club - not so intense ie. draw when everyone eventually arrives and fish until Arthur eventually catches a fish.
They run a knockout cup, on the lines of the FA Cup ie. one person fishes against another and the winner goes thru' to the next round etc until you get to the last pairing when it's 'winner take all'.
Just so happens that it's me and Craig 2 wives Neale in the final this Sunday, at Sheepy. He's been winding me up for the last 2 weeks and vice-versa so it should be a close match BUT I'M GOING TO WHOOP HIS ARSE!!!!!
I'm planning on introducing this for the Lime Tree next season alongside the cups we fish for at present - makes for a bit more entertainment and the 'cracks' are not guaranteed to win as they could knock each other out in the early rounds.

I'll let you know who wins ....... ME! of course.(I hope)

See you soon

Paul
ps - let me know if you and Steve are coming to the Fur and Feather and, also, the Christmas match

MALC

Have fun on Sunday.

Yes Steve and me will both be at the next 3 matches (8th-15th-27th).
See you then.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

ken

is it to cold for the rubgy lads to come out to play or wot

Status
Not open for further replies.