Lime Tree Park AC - Christmas Match 22/12/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Roberts

The Turk
This was held on Monk Pool (our club waters) on a dismal, dank, damp Sunday morn. (You can guess by my enthusiasm it fished rubbish!)
It had rained all Sat afternoon, all evening and all night. On the way to the venue we found virtually every stream/river in flood and we weren't surprised when we got there that the pool was the colour of chocolate!!
Sixteen of us hardy souls turned up for a 3 hour 'sprint' followed by a buffet and beer session down the pub.
I'll find it very hard to describe what happened during the match as 'not a lot' happened!. Most people were biteless for the first hour (apart from Craig 2 wives Neale who hooked a fish only for it to come-off the hook - did we take the pee?? OF COURSE WE DID!!)
Half way through the match John Brookes had one Roach, Andy Woods had 2 tiny fish and I'd had a 'knock' on the squatt - everyone else were biteless/fishless.
To cut a long story short I went on the chopped worm and ended up with about 6 fish for a hard-earned win (and yes! I did save it for the last hour!!!!!)

The top six weights were

1)Paul Roberts 0.13.0
2)John Brookes 0.4.0
3)Nick Sly 0.2.0
4)Andy Woods 0.1.12
5)Rose Beale 0.1.0
6)Geoff Eggison 0.0.8

No-one else caught!!!!!!

You guys who didn't turn up missed a rubbish match but a lovely curry down the pub!!!

Don't forget, the Winter League starts on the 12th Jan - same venue.
Let's just hope that we don't have the same conditions again!

Happy Christmas to all you MD'ers - roll-on the Summer Bag-Up league, we Lime Tree Park people are really looking forward to it!!!!!!

Regards

drums.gif

Paul

steve wilson

happy christmas to all of you in the outback (coventry)
from all of us at RUGBY

MALC

Paul even if the fishing was poor sounds like you all still had a good day [;)]

Catch you all on the first of the Winter series (hopefully a car will be sorted by then).

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.