Lime Tree Match - 09/02/03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Roberts

The Turk
This was the third match in a series of six held on our club waters.
We fished the match on Monk Pool, which is the water which has a problem with Whitespot over the last few months. It has been decided, at Committee level, not to move the remaining fixtures onto different venues as we'd have no insight into the health of the remaining fish!
As we arrived today, I thought we'd made the wrong decision as the water was low with just a bit of colour - if you don't draw a weedbed then 'forget it' was the general concensus of opinion.

To cut a long story short, the weights were up on the last few matches - proving the doubters wrong in their decision to boycott the match! (a few roach were caught, plus a lot of perch, a couple of crucians, a skimmer, a hybrid and, surprisingly, a goldfish!) I, for one, was happy at this as, hopefully, the signs are that the fish are on the mend!

The results were as follows:

1st - Paul Roberts 1.9.0
2nd - Dave Watson 1.8.0
3rd - Andy Woods 1.7.8
4th - Geoff Eggison 1.2.0
5th - Bill Tolley 0.11.0
6th - Colin Cutler 0.10.0

Andy Woods (thinking he'd won the match!)

Bill Tolley (scarey or what!!)

Rose Beale with the biggest Perch in the world!(this is what Winter fishing is all about!!)

Looking forward to the next match in 2 weeks - I'll wager there will be a few more turn up!

Regards

drums.gif

Paul
ps - I beat the girls!!!!!!!! I did, you know, I whooped them!!!!!

MALC

Well done on the win Paul (but how many fished) [;)]

See Bill caught at last [:)]

quote:the weights were up on the last few matches - proving the doubters wrong in their decision to boycott the match! (a few roach were caught, plus a lot of perch, a couple of crucians, a skimmer, a hybrid and, surprisingly, a goldfish!)

Dont think those weights will change my mind (still like an idea what remains)[;)]

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

dirk

Site Supporter
Paul you won!
How come you can only catch in the Winter?
and you beat Dave.

Steve Baker

Whose ornamental pond did the goldfish come from and who cheated by bringing it to the match?!

Status
Not open for further replies.