Lime Tree Fur & Feather 8/12/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

[:(][:(] IT'S WINTER [:(][:(]

Today saw 17 hardy (or should that be foolish) [;)] members fish the Lime Tree Fur & Feather on their own pools at Sheepy Magna.

As only 17 turned out to brave the cold we were all pegged on the biggest of the 3 pools known as Monk, which is the fairer and most productive of the pools.

With the draw made at 8am we all made our way to our pegs with the expectation of a few fish (mainly Roach & Skimmers) being caught.

But as we all know nothing is guaranteed in fishing and with a chill factor of around -5 or so not a lot of fish graced the nets in the 5 hours that we all sat there.[:(][:(]

At 2pm the all out was shouted and of the 17 that started 4 had already given up and gone home (the sensible one's)[;)]

The Results

1st Malc Doyle.............. 1lb 12oz 8drms (2 Skimmers)
2nd Howard Humphrey... 1lb 6oz (1 Skimmer,2 bits)
3rd Dave Watson............. 13oz (1 Skimmer,5 bits)
4th Steve Wilson............ 11oz 8drms (1 Skimmer,3 bits)
5th Arthur Jeffcoat......... 10oz

12 anglers weighed in a total of 6lb 1oz 12drms
5 blanks were recorded

No pictures today as it was to cold to undo my jacket and get the camera out.[;)][:(][;)]

The only other MDer in attendance apart from Steve and me was Geoff (aka Lurcher) who came 10th with 12 drms.

Not a very good day's fishing and bloody FREEZING as well.[:(]

But i did win a bottle of whiskey and 20 so at least i was happy. bounce.gif

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

steve wilson

well done malc
you would have thought that everyone would have got a bottle just for turning up on such a cruel winters day
never mind maybe next year

Paul Roberts

The Turk
Well done Malc, it's nice to see you can catch fish after all.

I did think of you guys (and gals) as I was in the Church for a christening, then, later down the pub.

Now I've had my one Sunday off this year so, hopefully, I'll get back to winning ways this week. Mind you, I'm not really that good on a canal but you never know!!

See you, and Steve, on Sunday

Paul

martin.

Account Locked
good results malc & steve

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

scott essery

'Silver man'
HIa Malc

so thats why you've been quiet of late, your still defrosting! [:D]

Christ, i didnt know you could buy scales that sensitive for fishing, looks like you needed them! [:(] But thats the fun of winter fishing!

Steve

Damn right chap. you all DESERVED a prize for putting up with a day like that AND Malcs jinx to boot! Does Malc natter so much in the cold or does his tooth (Malc, lets face it, you aint got many left mate [;)]) chattering stop his gassing so much [}:)] You got Doyled again though

If it gets a bit warmer i'll go fishing ... no wait ... thats called summer!!! [:D]

Roll on May! [8D]

silver man

Status
Not open for further replies.