Lime Tree Club Match 21/04/02 own pools

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

1st Dirk Williams......15lb 15oz
2nd Bob Paul............5lb 0oz 8drms
3rd Geoff Eggison.......4lb 11oz

This weeks match was spread over 2 of the pools, The Monk & Long pool.

The winner pegged on Long pool caught 4 carp with the best being 8lb 15oz all on pole fished meat over caster upto the far bank reeds for an easy victory.

As to my performance what can i say.
I drew on the Long pool which is more of a bigger fish pool than the monk and even drew a noted end peg with a far bank tree which screams out carp and chub.

But after fishing full stretch on the pole for 4hours on the meat for 2 bites and 2 gudgeon i thought it was time to go and have a natter with Dirk (the winner) and see what he was doing as he's fished the pools for the past 3 years and i could maybe pick up some pointers to help in the future.

So i ended the match chattering and picking up a few things to try when next on Long pool.

But i still had a good day as the craick was good and it was my turn for all the stick this week seeing as how i had a 1 side bet with Dirk (the winner) & it was him who recomended myself and my mate to join the club and he'd told them that i was i decent angler.

So even after tipping back my 2 gudgeon and being recorded with D-N-W
i still had a good day.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com bounce.gif

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Cant win em all MALC!
Nice report,
Don't let it dent the old meat confidence !

Better luck next time

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

MALC

Cheers Trev
I'll never lose faith in the meat but without making excuses i fished terribly today due to dbeing to tired after working Friday night then going to Drayton saturday then work sat night then the match.

Got back from the match at 5.30pm fell asleep on the sofa by 6and never woke up till about 1'ish, thats why i'm on line now (no work tonight or tomorrow).

So i'll proberly go somewhere for a few hours while the kids are at school tomorrow and yes it'll be THE MEAT as bait.

Malc

dirk

Site Supporter
Hi Malc I think that Dirk Wiliiams fellow sounds A very good angler And a pound richer than you after Sunday, I think I've met him? is he that increadably good looking, Talented, Modest,guy that has been beating you for years at various clubs, until they go pearshaped? Me and Mick are going Woodlands view Wednesday Injoy Wednesday evening
See you soon
Dirk.

1st Dirk Williams......15lb 15oz
2nd Bob Paul............5lb 0oz 8drms
3rd Geoff Eggison.......4lb 11oz

This weeks match was spread over 2 of the pools, The Monk & Long pool.

The winner pegged on Long pool caught 4 carp with the best being 8lb 15oz all on pole fished meat over caster upto the far bank reeds for an easy victory.

As to my performance what can i say.
I drew on the Long pool which is more of a bigger fish pool than the monk and even drew a noted end peg with a far bank tree which screams out carp and chub.

But after fishing full stretch on the pole for 4hours on the meat for 2 bites and 2 gudgeon i thought it was time to go and have a natter with Dirk (the winner) and see what he was doing as he's fished the pools for the past 3 years and i could maybe pick up some pointers to help in the future.

So i ended the match chattering and picking up a few things to try when next on Long pool.

But i still had a good day as the craick was good and it was my turn for all the stick this week seeing as how i had a 1 side bet with Dirk (the winner) & it was him who recomended myself and my mate to join the club and he'd told them that i was i decent angler.

So even after tipping back my 2 gudgeon and being recorded with D-N-W
i still had a good day.

Malc
[/quote]

MALC

Yes Dirk your very MODEST arn't you.

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it as much as i do.

Malc

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dirk,
Any friend??????????????? of Malc's is more than welcome.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Welcome Dirk, but don't go upsetting my bait Guru! lol

Makes interesting anticipation for match 2 fella's

Good Luck

Trev

Ziptrev

dirk

Site Supporter
Hi lads, thanks for the kind words of welcome, I'll give you a report on Woodlands view tomorrow night, fingers crossed. I'm being kind to maggots tomorrow I'm not taking any to drown.
Dirk

norm

niceone dirk
and

to MD

it isn`t the size of the tiddler that counts

dirk

Site Supporter
Re-Woodlands View. Woke up rushed to loo, my lad had been of school with (The S--ts) couldn't spell Diarrhoea, and guess what yes he kindly passed it to Daddy. I still went couldn't let Mick down, got there tolk up residence on their loo, and that was much the picture of the days events. I proberly had 2hours fishing and caught 28Ibs 12ozs carp tench, barbel. During my trips, of my basket to the loo, I stood and watched the guy on the next peg, I learnt more about how to catch the residents in the 30 minutes watching him, than actual fishing myself, he was fishing across to an Island fishing a 16mtr pole
He'd come second in the match the previous day, I explained I'd got a Disabled match there the next week, and any info would be greatfully received. He came second in the match with 80Ibs being beaten by the guy on the next peg, who had 98Ibs. I must remember a cork for next week, then I might get to fish the full five hours. No match now until next Tuesday on the canal at crick.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Dirk,
That was hard.

OH! no, wrong word, too soft by the sound of it!LOL

Stil, well done for learning from it!
Better luck next time

Cheers
Trev

Ziptrev

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dirk and anyone else in a similar position - nope wrong choice in word lol,
I once found myself in a not too dis-similar position and my missus told me to take some of these funny looking tablets called Imodium. I took a look around her and she didn't have the life insurance policies to hand so with nothing to loose
I took one and presto problem solved and more comfortable than a cork, lol

I'm not advocating that everyone should rush out and stock up on them however they are availabe at most chemists and may come in handy along with the plasters in your tackle box.

Anyway digressing implode.gif , Dave

dirk

Site Supporter
Immodium Dave, I took six of the little darlings, but they wern't up to the little bugger in my digestive system I'm afraid. I think they eat them.

MALC

HA HA Dirk,
ass.gif always said you were full of it.ROFLMAO.. roflmao.gif .

So it's bit bashing at Crick on Tuesday.

I'm back at Borough Hill on Wednesday if your interested.

See you soon.

Malc

Status
Not open for further replies.