Lime Tree Club Match 18/08/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Date : 18/08/02
Venue: Heyford nr Northampton
Time : 9 till 3

Today saw us fishing our latest match at Heyford Snake lake in Northamptonshire.

1st...Dave Smith.....47lb 15oz
2nd...Bob Paul.......27lb 13oz
3rd...Craig Neil.....24lb 2oz
4th...Dirk Williams..22lb 11oz
5th...Ray Evans......20lb 12oz

Todays match fished simular to most of our matches recently with some getting amongst the fish (well done Dave S on the win) and some struggling (my turn this week to struggle), but the weather made up for that.

Best fish of the day fell to Dirk in the shape of this 9lb 14oz Mirror
Datafile.jpg

Gold hunter Barry Golby managed to catch another cracking Goldfish (second in a match this season)
Datafile.jpg

Must give 5th placed Ray a special mention as whilst he was playing a carp his 4th section snapped (but he landed the fish).
Then he telescoped the broken section together shipped out hooked another fish and the section slid apart whilst he was shipping back.

And for those that follow Dirk's and my changing of 1 coins it was Dirk's turn this week to take the coin (first one for a while) as i suffered A DRY NET.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Ouch MALC,
Convincing win for Dave.
You been feeding RED?
Anyway, I'm glad you got some film for your camera, otherwise we wouldn't have seen that cracking Goldfish with the broken tail! icon_smile.gif

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Malc,

Good report and photos.

Looks like the doyle curse is spreading to the PAD matches as well as the summer league.

What pegs were you on and was it closed off with nets across.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Sorry should have read Lime Tree Matches but i suppose the PAD matches will still suffer eventually.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

MALC

quote: Looks like the doyle curse is spreading

Keith nowhere is safe if i'm around icon_smile_wink.gif

We were from peg 70 (last bridge) to about 103.

Could not see the nets any where so Ken must have taken them out.
Must admit though it was the first time i've fished there for about 4 years as it's a venue that i don't like.

Will admit though it fished better than i thought it would but there were still about 4 (maybe more) dry net's in our match.

And don't know if you remember the publicity a few months back about the Mat's being put on the far bank so people could cast on them and drop their tackle right over!!

Thats a joke most pegs either dont have them or the reeds have been allowed to grow up infront of them and they can't be used.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Lurcher

Just a further note to your bad luck, you have slipped down the league and let Darren Reed take first spot in the B section league table. If you fall further from the top spot you wont get promotion to A section, and then you won,t join Dirk.
See you in a fortnight at Hopsford where we hope to break Dirks stranglehold (he has won three years on the trot at this location) last year he was 2lbs short of a ton.

G.R.Eggison

Polepot

Poles
Malc,

Only 4 dry nets!! Phaps your effect is weakening or are you putting to much effort into our Summer League LOL

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

ken

quote:
Just a further note to your bad luck, you have slipped down the league and let Darren Reed take first spot in the B section league table. If you fall further from the top spot you wont get promotion to A section, and then you won,t join Dirk.
See you in a fortnight at Hopsford where we hope to break Dirks stranglehold (he has won three years on the trot at this location) last year he was 2lbs short of a ton.

G.R.Eggison

Status
Not open for further replies.