Lime Tree Club Match 15/12/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Date : 15th December
Venue: Grand Union Canal. Welsh Road nr Leamington Spa.
Time : 9.15am to 1.15pm

Today saw 20 members turn out for the last aggregate match of the year and it was on the G.U.Canal at Welsh Road.

A misty view down the cut after the match from peg 9 towards peg 1.
Datafile2.jpg

1st...Paul Roberts....1lb 8oz
2nd...Steve Baker.....1lb 6oz 8drms
Joint
3rd...Andy Woods......1lb 4oz 8drms
3rd...Craig Neale.....1lb 4oz 8drms

Winner Paul sat biteless till hr from the end when his chopped worm bait fished to near side reeds was taken by a 1lb 8oz Perch as pictured below.

Datafile2.jpg

Sat to Pauls right was Craig who came in joint third with the 2 Perch pictured Below.

Datafile2.jpg

Must make a special mention to Paul as just after i took the picture of him with his Perch he ended up rolling around on the floor. [:)] Reason being he is petrified of Perch and it moved and so he jumped backwards [:D][:D]

As for Me and Steve we had a grueler firstly due to being drawn next to Paul and Craig (ear muff's should be supplied)[;)][;)] and secondly as we both blew out.

Steve weighed in about 2oz with 1 Perch but returned his catch before i could get a picture [;)]

As for me and Red we did manage the 9 fish (mostly on single Joker) pictured below (1 is hidden under the biggest Roach[:)])

Datafile2.jpg
For the Grand Weight of 1oz 12drms

Not the best way to end the year with rain falling most of the time and Ear ache from The Coventry 2 [;)][;)]

That was the last match i'm on with Lime Tree till 12th January when the Winter Series starts.

So a HAPPY XMAS and GOOD NEW YEAR to all Lime Tree Members and MDer's

Roll on the Summer.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

matt

Nice one Malc, i also had a grueller of a match today on a cold, windy, rainswept canal! roll on the baggin summer series, where we all get a suntan and catch a ton lol[:p]

HEY DUDE............

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I take it that wasn't good enough to get you into the frame then Mr Doyle

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

scott essery

'Silver man'
Malc

you should all get a medal for sitting it out yesterday!! ba humbug .... roll on the summer you artic adventurers! [:D]

Nice fish Paul and Craig, well done.

Mind you Malc, looking at your catch, its nearly as good as my clattercote bag up session!! [:D] [;)] [:D] [;)] [:D]

Red

Good to see your getting into the christmas spirit chap, but the paramilitary type ski mask is a bit scary and looks like your about to rob a bank!! Hope you get pleanty of pressies from the Doyle and Wilson households!

silver man

Lurcher

You sure you got the results correct Craig's perch looks bigger than Paul's. Maybe you should use a box of matches aginst the fish for comparison (or is Paul that much larger than Craig that all fish look small in his presence).
P.S. as a footnote as Craig and Andy took joint third they picked up 50% of third place (5.00) and the section winners picked up 9.00. So I was not too disapointed Andy beat me by 12 dramms off the next peg with a 6oz caster roach 5 minutes from the end.
Best Wishes to ALL Magot Drowners for the Christmas break and lets hope we are all winners in 2003.
Lurcher

G.R.Eggison

ken

best wishes all for xmas and new year see u all on the winter league if the rugby lads can get out off there warm beds

Steve Baker

Hi Malc,
No mention of second place Steve Baker who had 50-60 bloodworm fish only to get beaten into second place by Paul's one perch!
Seriously though, well done Paul. Your stickability is to be commended on such a poor day.
And lastly, we at the Lime Tree have never had such an equal share of trophies as this season. Shame the Rugby lads didn't win many!!!

lodge1

Its summer here and you can still blank,8 out of 16 did at the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.