Lime Tree Club Match 11/08/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Date : 11/08/02
Venue: Lemington Lake's Gloucestershire (Match Lake)
Time : 9.30 till 3.00

No pictures today as i forgot the camera.

Todays match was on the biggest lake on this 4 lake complex which is known as Westminster Lake with 2 islands that are fishable from maybe half the pegs with the remainder haveing open water to fish in.

It's a pleasant venue and looks nice (although the platforms could do with being repaired and the breakfast was a rip off) but other than that a nice enough venue.

As well as being a normal club match it was also the pairs match.

Pairs are drawn at random after the peg draw is made then the winning pair is sorted by both anglers weights being added together, in the event of an odd number of anglers fishing (as it was today) the angler without a partner has his weight doubled (more on that later).

Unsure of how many fished today but know it was nearer 30 than 20 of us that lined the bank.

The results were as follows :

INDIVIDUAL RESULT
1st...Barry Golby......32lb 8oz
2nd...Andy Woods....30lb
3rd...Bob Poole........29lb 9oz
4th...Malc Wilkins.....25lb 10oz
5th...Malc Doyle.......25lb

PAIRS RESULT
1st...Barry Golby & Himself...65lb

Barry had no pair's partner and so his weight was doubled and so he managed to win the Individual match and the pairs match all on his own (well done) should look good on the Pairs Trophy.

Dont know who the 2nd and 3rd pairs were (maybe Paul or Lurcher can post them !).

Dont know their positions but Dirk weighed in with 18lb 15oz
and Steve Wilson weighed 2lb 10oz.

Dont know the positions or weights of fellow Maggotdrowners Paul Roberts and Lurcher either.
(dont know a lot realy).

The next match is next Sunday at Heyford (snake lake) near Northampton

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Paul Roberts

The Turk
Malc - you don't know a lot do you!!!!!!

Anyway, here are the FULL results of the pairs! (you've already done the individual results - correctly, as well!!)

1st - B. Golby 32.8.0 x 2 = 65lb
2nd - M. Doyle (yes, you Malc!) and D Watson 47.13.0
3rd - A. Woods and H. Humphrey 45.4.0

Dirk was 10th, individually with 18.15.0, and 4th in the pairs
Your mate Steve Wilson was 28th, individually with 2.9.0, and last in tha pairs (with my son, who nearly doubled Steve's weight!)
I did rubbish (my plan of attack went out of the window straight away - inside line too shallow and it was too windy for my meat/paste line) basically, I fished it like a twit! Eggo did alright 23.11.0 for 7th.

Re: Sunday at Heyford - you'll get a better breakfast - don't forget the camera!!!!!!

Paul x

Paul Roberts

The Turk
Malc - you don't know a lot do you!!!!!!

Anyway, here are the FULL results of the pairs! (you've already done the individual results - correctly, as well!!)

1st - B. Golby 32.8.0 x 2 = 65lb
2nd - M. Doyle (yes, you Malc!) and D Watson 47.13.0
3rd - A. Woods and H. Humphrey 45.4.0

Dirk was 10th, individually with 18.15.0, and 4th in the pairs
Your mate Steve Wilson was 28th, individually with 2.9.0, and last in tha pairs (with my son, who nearly doubled Steve's weight!)
I did rubbish (my plan of attack went out of the window straight away - inside line too shallow and it was too windy for my meat/paste line) basically, I fished it like a twit! Eggo did alright 23.11.0 for 7th.

Re: Sunday at Heyford - you'll get a better breakfast - don't forget the camera!!!!!!

Paul x

Lurcher

We tried to work out the results in the pub but it all went hazy when Andy got a round in.
29 fished so there were 14 pairs and Barry with himself as his number was last in the bag.
Barry suggested that next time if there is an odd number we simply draw again and someone ends up with 2 partners. To be discussed on Tuesday at the committeee meeting. Andy has caught your habit and also got a pound off Dirk so Dirk must be well and truly done in by his luck lately. He will return.
One thing i noticed was the wind was a far more significant factor than being on one of the island pegs. Those fishing in the leeside of the islands had results which were lower than those with a bank that the wind was blowing onto, whether it was an island or the main bank. That's good as most of us who did not have an island to chuck to thought we were pools fodder.
I will try to post you the full results on Wednesday or maybe Paul will do it today as he will work them out in his Tea break.

Paul broke doble figures, I had 23lb (fastest loser)but what was sweet beat Dave Watson off the next peg by about 8 ozs so it was a good close match.
But the best was when Barry (the eventual winner) played a carp in my peg and Dave Watson (the Leicester has been)also played a carp in my peg and the inevitable happened and they tangled.
Dave pulled the harder, won the dual and Barry lost his fish but Dave landed his. I of course had removed my floating pole so that they could play out their fish undisturbed. Barry gave Dave some stick but it was very light hearted as his attention was drawn to the fact every time he dropped in his tip went round on another carp.

G.R.Eggison

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Food for thought on that one chaps!

I bet that doesn't happen often.

Not least the wording on the Doubles Cup!

'Awarded to Barry, Who played with himself' doesn't seem to go down to well.icon_smile_big.gif

Keep the reports coming in, and when you take the Camera next week MALC, don't forget the Film!icon_smile.gif

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Paul Roberts

The Turk
Talking of Heyford (we were!) does anyone know how it's fishing?
I've been searching the Internet and cannot kind find a damn thing!

Paul
ps - who is Ziptrev? Does he know that digital camera's don't use film DOH!!!!!

MALC

Cheers Paul & Geoff for filling in the blanks.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
NO Film?
Dont they Paul?
Gosh you do surprise me!, learn something new every day LOL!

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Status
Not open for further replies.