Lime Tree Club Match 1/09/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Date : 1/09/02
Venue: Hopsford Hall
Time : 9am to 3pm

Todays Lime Tree match was fished at Hopsford Hall between Rugby and Coventry ( their website can be found on the following link http://www.fisheries.co.uk/hopsford/index.htm ) although it's a bit dated as the island is now covered in trees.

We fished the main lake which has about 35 pegs and 1 central island and depths between 4 and 6ft

View from peg 22 (Dam end) towards the end of the island and pegs in the low teens
Datafile.jpg

27 members fished and expectations were high before the match (most don't know about the effect i have on a water YET icon_smile_wink.gif).
The club has normaly had good matches here in past years and for the last 4 years Dirk has won each match here and last year he won with 98lb, (before my time though as i only joined this season) icon_smile.gif.

So according to pre-match talk Dirk was the 1 to beat but a few of us had visited prior to today and we had all caught well so we were all confidant of a good days fishing.

Since joining Lime Tree a few of the club members have joined Maggotdrowning and now post (normaly moaning about me getting their names wrong icon_smile_big.gif) the following club members and MDer's were in attendance.

Peg 6 Steve Wilson
Peg 7 Paul Roberts
Peg 12 Ken James
Peg 17 Geoff Eggison (aka Lurcher)
Peg 22 Malc Doyle
Peg 24 Dirk Williams

During the match as is normaly the case when drawn near Dirk icon_smile_wink.gif the verbal flowed almost non stop and as Geoff (lurcher)icon_smile_wink.gif was near as well it was more like a blahblah.gif blahblah.gif verbal match between the pair of them almost all day icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_wink.gif with the odd insult thrown in from the rest of us, (it did break the boredom though) especially when poor RED fell in then spent the rest of the match sunbathing on a bankstick to dry off.

Any way a few managed to get among the fish and the final five were as follows.

1st...Howard Humphrey..43lb 10oz including a 15lb 11oz Carp on Feeder
2nd...Ken James........40lb 8oz including a 18lb 12oz Carp on Pole
3rd...Mick Durrant.....30lb 14oz
4th...Steve Baker......30lb
5th...Malc Doyle.......18lb 2oz

Winner Howard with his 15lb 11oz Common
Datafile.jpg

Unfortunatly no picture of Ken's 18lb+ Pole caught Lump as he was on the opposite bank and it was weighed and returned straight away.icon_smile_sad.gif

As you can see by the top weights it did not fish very well and a few dry nets were recorded. icon_smile_sad.gif

As to how the rest of the club members and MDers faired i only know the following (as normal Paul i only got half the info).

Steve Wilson..Blank
Paul Roberts..No idea
Lurcher.......I know Geoff caught (but don't know weight or position)
Dirk..........5lb 7oz (cheers for returning the 1)

Hopefully Paul or Lurcher can fill in the Blanks (not Steve's though)

Next match is next Sunday on Gearys at Packington Sommers.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

scott essery

'Silver man'
Steve

icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

oooh dear mate and its true, when Malc does rubbish (or better still, doesnt fish) your fine and when hes around you get psyched out.

So your secret pigeon grub let you down this time..... never mind icon_smile_sad.gif

Malc, glad you caught some and you werent kidding the buggers grow BIG at that place..... 18lb on the pole... wow!!!!!!!

Just a thought....hows red doing these days?

MALC

Scott,

Told you that when we both fish normaly 1 will do okay and the other blow's out and as i let Steve have a good day on Saturday (by not me not going) it was my turn on Sunday.

P.S.
They worked for me though as that's what i fed and the 3 fish i caught were all caught on them frozen pink things, but i wont mention they were prawns as thats a SECRET....LOL

Also Scott just for you and the rest of his friends and followers (including his new friend GOLDILOCKS).

Here is RED just prior to him falling in at Hopsford

Malc

Paul Roberts

The Turk
Malc - just to let you know that I was pegged next to Steve Wilson and weighed a paltry 4.1.8 (one carp plus 4 gudgeon) and Eggo (aka Lurcher) weighed (I think) 4.2.0 (give or take half an ounce).
Mind you, I did have 2 blankers either side of me (
sorry Steve / Katherine)
Highlight of the day was the sight of Daz Reid (still suffering from the night before - as usual) rhythmically clapping his hands above his head, then to the side, behind him etc. I thought I was at a disco! Me and Steve couldn't stop giggling, especially when he got out his atomizer and started spraying the air around him.It appears he was being pestered by gnats (must like the smell of Carling Black Label) but from my view he looked like he'd flipped!!!! To top it all, when he was on the pole he shipped back and dropped his pole into his roller from such a height that one of the legs fell off and the whole lot collapsed on the floor. He's now promised to stop drinking now - I hope not as he does provide some wonderful entertainment!
Anyway, here's looking forward to Sunday's match at Packington

Hope everything goes well with the new arrival - try not to let Red get jealous

Paul

ken

hi all just found out how to do this god i love beating paul and the rubgy lads ken

Paul Roberts

The Turk
Ken - I must take my hat off to you!
Fancy bullying an 18lb carp on the pole - I'd still be playing today if I'd hooked it!

Remember the old Lime Tree saying - "Not going to the Pub can seriously damage your health!" You owes us a pint!!!!!!!!

Paul

MALC

Cheers Paul for filling in the blanks.

Did not hear about the MAD WASP DANCE sounds like one of the main highlights

Ken,

As Paul has already said well done with the Carp.

See you all Sunday.

Malc

Status
Not open for further replies.