Lime Tree A vs B Teams Match 4/08/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Date : 4/8/02
Venue: Lannys Lagoon nr Rugby
Time : 9.30 till 2.30

Todays match was the second of 2 A vs B challenge matches which is worked on a weight to points basis.

The A section won the first match back in June.

Teams were supposed to be of 10 anglers a side.
But the A team could only muster 7 anglers whilst the B team managed to raise 9 anglers.

So first job prior to the draw was for the A team to pinch 1 of the B team anglers to even up the teams to 8 anglers per team.

Then it was onto the draw and the A team pulled out the even peg's which left the B team sitting on the odd one's.

For todays match the A team were to carry a 40lb weight handicap which meant each A team member needed to catch 5lb before their weight would count.

Unfortunatelyi do not at this time have the team results but when i get them i will add them on the end.

The top 5 individual's are listed below,

1st...Paul Roberts...31lb 9oz...A Team
2nd...Dave Watson....27lb 9oz...A Team
3rd...Geoff Eggison..26lb.......A Team
4th...Mike Durrant...23lb 8oz..B Team
5th...Malc Doyle.....14lb 2oz...A Team

Biggest fish of the day was the 10lb Mirror Carp pictured below caught by Geoff Eggison (aka Lurcher).
Datafile.jpg

And as a final note Dirk returned from his hol's yesterday and also fished today but afraid to say he did not fair very well and only managed 2lb and so the normal
side bet came my way

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
quote:And as a final note Dirk returned from his hol's yesterday and also fished today but afraid to say he did not fair very well and only managed 2lb and so the normal side bet came my way

Malc

No you were not afraid to say!
You've been dieing to say it LOL icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif
Well done MALC and good report!

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

steve wilson

POOR TURN OUT FOR A POOR VENUE NEVER MIND
STRANGE THOUGH ,HALF DECENT WEIGHTS FOR A CHANGE

Edited by - steve wilson on 05 August 2002 09:02:24 AM

Lurcher

Paul Roberts (another new maggot drowner)our secretary and I worked out the team win in the pub and the B team won by a margin of two points. As the A section won last time with a margin of 50 points the B team captain has to wear the toilet seat at next years presentation.
The B team player put on a freee transfer to A section fished his socks off and won one of the sections much to Andy Woods dismay as even Dirk beat him and so just transferred Andy's pound to Malc.

G.R.Eggison

MALC

Cheers Geoff

For posting the final team result's.

So the B team won on the day but only just.

Well done to the B team lads.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Status
Not open for further replies.