Lightest seat box

SoulSoldier

Site Supporter
Anyone know which is the lightest seat box. I want it for canal fishing. I do not fish the pole (although I do have one). I use rod and reel.

mbuna_matt

The MAP H30 is pretty good (especially if you lose the footplate) you can also take drawer sections off to really cut it down, been using one for 2 years now, very pleased with it.

I have just acquired the Maver equivalent for the lad (Maver Venue box) which also looks like it will be very portable. Be interesting to see how they compare weight wise!

Matt

IanG1

Site Supporter
Look for an old watercraft box. Remember they were light and compact.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Take a look at the Matchbox range very light and well put together using good quality materials, ie not all plastic and wafer thin alloy plate. they are versitile as you can add base units and to a degree change your drawer units also. For a relatively small unit they make good use of the space and are surprisingly stable, plus you won't need a second mortgage to buy one

tincaboy2

what about the Nufish Restabox, it's really just a seat with one tray, the original was'nt particularily light but I wonder is the new updated version any lighter?

SoulSoldier

Site Supporter
Apologies for my tardy reply, thank you for all the good information that you have supplied. I need to talk to the tackle fairy now.

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Bought my lad the Rive club box. Lightest i have ever felt. I used to own a watercraft box too. In comparison I use an absolute= heavist thing invented!

Tinca Mad

Site Supporter

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I’ve got an octoplus and it is incredibly light and really solid and stable.

lliopp

Site Supporter
What box is the lightest? An empty one. Whatever box you do decide on, be careful with the contents. Also adding a sturdy footplate and side tray can double the weight.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I’ve tried a lot of boxes looking for the lightest as I need it. The Matchbox is the lightest with decent storage (obviously a stool type is lighter) lighter than octoplus, I currently use a h frame matrix, similar to the p25/f25, which is light but not as light as matchbox. I would still have a matchbox but fell on it heavily and awkwardly and snapped a leg mounting and could not get a replacement as the company was changing hands.

Tinca Mad

Site Supporter
This looks a great box too to consider.............

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Anyone know which is the lightest seat box. I want it for canal fishing. I do not fish the pole (although I do have one). I use rod and reel.
The lightest box 100% dont care what anyone else says is the one dad is going to carry ???...rive c30 looks really light I know I'm only looking

Last edited:

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
But that is not a seat box, it is only a seat, I could just use the seat directly on to the H frame of my matchbox and it would probably be lighter , but I would have to carry another bag for my tackle so kind of defeats the object
It does have one 30mm drawer