Light Weight Seatbox

GeoffW

Site Supporter
My Preston Space Station has seen better days and is rather heavy for my aging shoulders. I am on the lookout for a used Preston Inception as a possible replacement.
Can someone recommend a reasonably light seatbox please ? I doubt I will be buying new though.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Have a look out for a second hand match box probably one of the lightest you can get. Also they tend to go for not a great deal of cash, seen good ones go for as little as £40. If it is one of the older ones the quality is very good also, the newer ones (last couple of years) seem to be a bit hit and miss quality wise

jad

Sold my space station compact as it was too heavy. I replaced with an Inception. There is definitely a feel able weight difference inception is 11k. I think, when I posted the compact it was 20K boxed, the round legs are a lot better as I tended to hit my leg on the older square legs when pole fishing.
Now dislikes, to be honest my real grudge is the locks on the drawers, If I put the seat cover on it tends to open a few of the catches, these aren't very good very cheap plastic catch, I am tempted to replace with the Absolute drawers as these are metal I believe. Would add a bit of weight but not a lot I'd guess.

alsur

Site Supporter
I picked up lots of seat boxes at big one a couple of years ago, when replacing my Preston x3 ending up buying a Matrix Matchmaster which was lightest I picked up including match box. Unfortunately it's now discontinued but Matrix F25 is very similar having a sliding footplate compared to fold up on matchmaster.

derwentboy

Site Supporter
Plattforms are pretty light boxes, all aluminium. but they don't make them anymore. Have picked up a couple over the last 2 years.