light travel rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

danzante

I fancy a bit of feeder fishing when i visit the Med next month, love to watch the tip,
i have done quite a bit of angling abroad mostly with a light spinning rod.

The nearest i have seen to what i want is a travel fly rod, any ideas lads?, i might only use it once, the rest of the time i spend below the water icon_smile_wink.gif

Danny

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
hey im off to Spain next month on the 15th i boughht a lite spinning rod and im looking forward to fish it do you know any common spices in the med??????

Regards Gf

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Go to www.cabelas.com and search for travel rod. You will see a few that should meet your needs.

Newt Vail

danzante

Hey fella's,
it's me yer know, the name's Danny in case yer forgot...am i gettin' paranoid or wha'?icon_smile_shock.gif,... look! i know it seems like years ago i was on here but names stick, yes?...that's posh for yeh!

I'm a bluenose, yer know, an Evertonian, a proper scouser
born in Soho St, a mile from the docks,
brought up on scouse among all the 'ard knocks,
me mam on the barra sellin' fruit in the town,
an' me dad's carryin' out was ten Woodies and half a crown.

I've just come off a long hard shift where colleagues call me by my first name...i've known you lot longer! albeit virtual.....

i try to educate young men, ie, etiquette and formal communication, tellin' them that the fishin' forums on yer pc is where yer'll learn the trade of proper communeradificationicon_smile_clown.gif...that word is about to be inserted into the "Liverpool Encylopaedia of Obnoxifications".

.......Now wir wuz i?icon_smile_sleepy.gif, i'll have to get me 'ed down in a minute..
Hello Newticon_smile_kisses.gif....

Gf, i don't know the names of the different coloured fishes (i assume you are talking about species and not spices, never had a curry abroad yeticon_smile_tongue.gif) in the Med but you can catch plenty of mullet and big ones at that, there are quite a few tackle shops, so no shortage in that department,....

you will hear about differing baits but bread works a treat and use small hooks, i tried lures the first time but they just followed it in single file, that alone is worth watching, i cannot stress this enough... GO AND SNORKEL WITH THEM...you'll love it.

Daniel of Noggsie.

Danny

Edited by - danzante on 21 April 2002 5:59:07 PM

ray

hey danny, how can a blue nose say he is a proper scouser??, me, born an bred in anfield, the heart of the pool. thumbsup.gif

clean banks campaign 2002 still has a few vacancies.....are you a member?
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
so just use big bread punch piece on a size 18??????
and what line (max)
Thanx

Regards Gf

danzante

Gf,
some would say use a size 10, nahhh not me, the biggest i go is a 14, 21/2 to 4lb line.
Ray,
i was born in Everton, facing St Anne St police station (1947), two minutes from Lime St, is it any wonder i'm a blue?, when i was a kid, Anfield was like Manchester is to Liverpool, miles away icon_smile_big.gif

i did'nt know that fresh water existed on the land, i only ever seen it come out of a tap....

when i jumped from the juniors to the seniors i found out that there WAS life outside Goodison Park and the city centre.icon_smile.gif

Danny

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Danny,

Some time back I bought a telescopic rod whilst in Gran Canaria which folds up neatly into a small (18") bag. This goes with me everytime I go abroad just in case with a cheap reel and a maggotbag of bits.
When you get abroad find the local tackle shop or boating accessories shop[ and you should be able to get similar there alot cheaper than you'll buy in the UK.

icon_smile.gif Dave

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
How Do Danny. I knowed it were you all the time. I did. Really. Fur sure.

But then I saw the fella handled Danzente only had 28 posts and thunk to meself "Naw - can't be Danny. He talks more than that and some furriner has done stole his handle".

What a relief to find it is really you. But now I gotta know - don't ya like us? Ya gotta post more. icon_smile_big.gif

Newt Vail

danzante

Hello God,
my work involves a lot of unsociable hours, so when i arrive home, my missus complains (about everything)the washing-up has'nt been done, the garden has'nt been mowed, the sore marks on her bum have'nt healed...

i'm only on here now 'cos she is having a nap during her sleep...

just looking through the Shimano catalogue, i think i'll be visiting the local tackle shop to test the Catana Match TE,it does'nt state the closed length....
also i would like to have a look at the Exage STC spinning rod, any views on them fellas? icon_smile.gif

Danny

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Danny, good year 47, ask Geoff lol,

The only thing I can suggest that may be of interest is a deal I picked outta the askari catalogue and ordered recently.
A 10 ft 5 piece telescopic Spinning rod 40g to 80g class, a 5bb Spinning reel (Silverman brand) AND a carry case that claims to allow 3 made up rods to be carried (I actually have put in a made up feeder, the spinner ,a landing net handle and a bankstick)
for a whole 21.85.

Not designer label perhaps, but I'm content and as the man says

'The Price is right'

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
OI godnadte

Trev beat me to it but check out This one

Or this one

PS are you still doing those nice car stereos?? cos the Mc brothers seem to have retired icon_smile_big.gif

(oops nearly forgot if you're going down the medway you could do a lot worse than giving Leon Roskilly a shout.......the meds his stomping ground)

Alan
You've just been moderated

(I always wanted to edit one of Trogg' posts and now I've done it icon_smile_big.gif
The links work now Danny - Dave)

Edited by - Dave on 23 April 2002 4:39:02 PM

Damn & all because i forgot to add the http:// bit on the links icon_smile_sad.gif

Edited by - Trogg on 23 April 2002 8:22:03 PM

danzante

Awwrite Frogg,
them "this one"'s don't work mate, keep gettin'..."page not found".

as regards Paul and Chris...i heard they both got a part in the new Star Wars as the twins TOOMACKER.

Danny

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
hey i whatched hooked on fishing today after school and paul young was fishing a well known river in spain and was catching 127lb euro catfish can any one give me and other details on that river please???? :) and can any one plzz help me fix my telescopic rod the last section is stuck and its made out of fibreglass?????/
please Help Guys

Regards Gf

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Danzante,
quote:i cannot stress this enough... GO AND SNORKEL WITH THEM...you'll love it.

Better still.strap a tank on and join them!!!!!

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

G

Great Peter, or is it Jaques Cuesto[ the french fella Peter]LoL
One big problem for me mate i cannot swim, ps dont tell Del he's going to throw me in at Drayton

Andy

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Andy,
That's the beauty of it,It's not swimming
more like regulated sinking thumbsup.gif

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Status
Not open for further replies.