Life jacket

PAB

Site Supporter
Now considering having a boat for fishing from on lakes and broads not at sea what would be a sensible type of life jacket or floatation aid to purchase for this?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
We sell plenty of such things at work although not sure what the rules are on plugging such things on here? Inflatable life jackets or buoyancy aids are a lot more comfortable and less invasive for fishing that the traditional style. We actually have access to a range designed for fishing as well although I haven’t actually seen them in the flesh.

squimp

Site Supporter
Get an automatic, rather than manual auto inflating life preserver.

That way if you fall in and hit your head on the way, it still goes off and rights you.

Then make sure you follow the instructions regarding Regular servicing/replacement of the CO2 cartridge.

I know 5 people who have drowned in various boat related incidents - so be sensible.

squimp

Site Supporter
One more thing: buoyancy devices have a rating that describes the maximum weight they will support. If you are a ‘big lad’ make sure you get one with a high rating. Getting some advice from a good chandlers would be wise.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Watcha PAB, I understand you are near GY. Always liked the look of Rollesby and the smaller broad that leads off of it, cannot
remember the name. Got to be better than those ridiculous platforms they built by the car park on the A149, to anyone who
doesn`t know these stages are a couple of inches wider than a fishing chair, one slip and your in the drink, not moaning for the
sake of it but I think anglers get a raw deal from the useless bloated parasitic broads authority.

Rant over and good luck with the boat. I really like the look of bridge broad just past the railway at Wroxham and also the wooded
bank on the Bure opposite decoy. Thinking about it there are just too many places to mention.