Lidls chop worm scissors £2.99

Godber

Fruity Susan, Nobice and Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
I'll give them a go.

IMG_20220920_121320.jpg

IMG_20220920_121337.jpg

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Do they do them in other manufacturers colours?
Just asking for @Zerkalo
Got some with a green handle. Used once since I bought them on the Trent Charity match. Even then, the two Bream I lost and my bonus Perch I caught came on my 'light' feeder rig.

SpenBeck

Site Supporter
I've had some for ages. They are good for cutting maggots, worm and casters to a pulp, but beware, if you hit a stone you can bust the handles off.

Nicky Dodds

The blades are too close together to do a good job. Any scissors with blades that close will clog up in seconds. Blades need space between them to make a definite cut. That's the reason why the best worm scissors are the cresta ones with the 2 sets of blades. I'm still using my 20 year old maver triple blades and have tried loads of others that have 3 or 4 blades. I cut in a large pole cup as I prefer to cut small amounts as I need them. If you need to cut large amounts then get a whizzer but be prepared to wash and dry your worms first as the soil or peat can clog the blades up.
Also be aware especially in the summer that the worm juice (enzymes or whatever) will start to ferment rapidly which is why you see the top anglers with their choppy draining on a sieve or fine riddle.
Another reason for draining choppie is the juices allegedly stop the groundbait in a feeder acting how it's supposed to i.e. over wetting the nugget in the feeder....personally I prefer it as long as it's fresh as it's extra attraction.