LIDL Reels - Mini Baitrunners - Very Good

nico12

Grebe Grabber
Very quick review

I bought ( out of curiosity) a reel from Lidl a couple of months ago. They had two sizes - A larger Baitrunner & a medium ( say 4000) size. Looked ok in the box and for £14.99 i put in the trolley.

Unboxed and surprised its really decent quality - Alloy all round / Quick drop handle button - Subtle red / graphite graphics. Decided to load it with some Guru NGage 6lb line and try it on a local commercial the next day - Light method tactics with mainly stockies / skimmers. Line lay was really good ( had to use backing) and looked the part.

Anyway - Its really good ! cant believe the quality. Clutch is very smooth / baitrunner fuction works like a charm. Ive used it each time ive been and its been spot on. Not one complaint ( spare spool would have been a bonus). smooth wind / reverse smooth. Not one for punching a large feeder out but on a commercial its brilliant

Id say comparison would be Mach range of Shakespeare reels that are more money. Its not a forever reel ( I own preston / cadence / Daiwa) but for the money its a steal. Will keep using it !!

Had an older one ( similar) from aldi that was equally as good too.

Simon R

Site Supporter
( spare spool would have been a bonus).
Next time Lidl have them in keep an eye open for the 'spinning reels' - they're the same price and quality as the baitrunners but come with a spare spool - which is interchangeable with the baitrunner.

Simon

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
I used my 3000 sized baitrunner last week on a quick session and was really impressed with the quality. Smooth and with a decent clutch. For £15 I’d consider it the best fishing bargain I’ve purchased thus far.

Bacon

I seem to be the odd one out with these reels, I bought two of them and both had absolutely awful line lay that was un-shimmable (I did try). Took them back and bought some ninjas.

nico12

Grebe Grabber
I've used mine with 11ft method rod on a commercial think 4 times now. Honestly cant fault it ( Preston / Daiwa reels in seatbox too)
I doubt its going to crank large carp all day but for what im doing its spot on. Only normal match / feeder reel sized.
Honestly nothing to say bad about it :)

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Bought a 3000 size in the last round of Lidl fishing bits and I think it’s a cracking little reel for the money. Casts and retrieves nicely, the clutch is smooth and easily adjusted plus the baitrunner works exactly as it should.

Looking for ward to the next batch coming on sale and grabbing another one or two.

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
I have a couple of these some where, i'll be bringing them to the Macmillan charity match on the Trent along with my other freebies if anyone wants them (y)