Licence's another price rise !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog

Site Supporter
According to the AT this week the price of a licence is going up again next year.Does anybody thing it's money well spent or just another way of increasing the coffers of Phoney Blair & his cronies.I pay enough tax & as far as i can see the angling licence is becoming another way of the goverment raising easy money without having to get off their fat a***'s.[:(]

scouse

'River Man'
Maybe it is to get more
Bailiffs on the bank LOL,I have only been checked once
this year and i fish every weekend
and mid week when possible,
No wonder people dont buy a licence[:(!]

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

dave k

here we go again....... more moaning about the EA not checking enough licences.

i dont know what they do in any other area, but in the anglian region they certainly earn their money.

oh by the way.......i have only had my driving licence checked twice in 27 years of driving, are we going to moan the police arn't stopping enough drivers as well?

Dave Kennedy
http://usscangling.cjb.net

les middy

'Navigator'
quote:Originally posted by dave k

here we go again....... more moaning about the EA not checking enough licences.

i dont know what they do in any other area, but in the anglian region they certainly earn their money.

oh by the way.......i have only had my driving licence checked twice in 27 years of driving, are we going to moan the police arn't stopping enough drivers as well?

Dave Kennedy

dave

i live in the anglian region and have NEVER had my licence checked in 40 years of fishing.[:p][:)]

so where are they checking licences[?][?]

les [:p][:)][:D]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
OMG OH NO !! Not the EA again and I thought I was in for a quiet evening lol [:D]

I suppose its like everything else, wages, running costs, etc, all go up so they have to find the extra revenue from somewhere, and we're that somewhere.

The main issue is 'value for money' and if anglers feel that they get it or not

Dave

dave k

i am not on about the licence checking., just comenting on the fact that everytime anyone brings up the cost of licences it always comes down to people saying i have never had my licence checked.

in our region they do a lot of work on the rivers improving the habitat and fisheries.
that is the bench mark i use in comenting on the value for money we get off them.

they have helped our own club a lot in the last 5 years since i have been secretary and are very aproachable and willing to help.

Dave Kennedy

scouse

'River Man'
hi dave
why would a policeman want to
stop you and check your licence?
unless you have done something wrong
or maybe they want brownie points

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well thats one way of checking the database - three posts to the same topic in less than a minute [:)]

I don't need mine checking to know I've got one - tried telling that to the police as well but they didn't want to listen lol

Dave

Supreme Piker

I'm in the B.a.a. Birmhingham angler's association. I've only been checked once and that was buy the superintendant baliff D.A.Webb.

quote:maybe it will be spent on mare baliffs on the bank

There supposed to be redusing the amount of em on the bank!
where the hell
is it going! [?][:(!]

Sorry about the joke![:eek:)]

The next one's gunna be a RECORD!

Last edited:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
It never ceases to amaze me that this topic generates more heated debate than almost any other every time that it comes up.
This latest proposed increace will mean that the licence will cost fractionaly over 6p a day.
The Environment Agency Fisheries division is about so much more than Bailiffs checking rod licences.

For those that are interested have a look HERE

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Last edited:

scouse

'River Man'
hi pete
i know were your coming from,
but why should we the honest anglers buy a rod licence?
never get checked (once if your lucky)who fish in the daytime,
i wonder how many fish at night say 11pm to5am
have ever seen a ea bailiff not many i bet if at all,thats why
they dont bother there a**e buying one
if they dont have the man power there are people on the dole
who could be trained.
and just another point when you purchase your
rod licence from the P/O and ask for a bylaws booklet
there not given them,
but if your caught fishing illegaly due to your ignorance your fined,
ie fishing closed season(rivers) were they stock trout how many know
that you cant use a suspended bait ie float fishing its ledger only
and worm or fly but in ignorance your caught(if they turn up)
your fined 40 court costs plus the fine.

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Of course we could all stop buying the licence then the Ea would have to find other ways of getting the much needed funding for the fights against pollution, restocking of rivers etc after a pollution incident & the money to run the fish farms the stock fish come from for the EA to restock the waters with.

Then again if your called Billy Makin you'll never use the EA or any of its time or money so it won't matter anyway.

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

G

When we were at the trent fish in, an EA officer came to the stretch,
How many did he check out of 20 of us,,

ONE,,,, yes ONE,
I had a chat with him,, rod in hand no mention of my licence was brought up ???????
This is not a moan about the EA, they do a good job as been pointed out on other posts,

catch me if u can
Andy,

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:When we were at the trent fish in, an EA officer came to the stretch,
How many did he check out of 20 of us,, .............
ONE,,,, yes ONE,

Ah but yes toma, that's because 19 of us looked good, honest and reponsible types - it was only the 'Welsh One' that didn't

(Sorry Geoff [8D])

Dave

Bulldog

Site Supporter
Midland Angler issue 14.Headline'Coventry drinkers object to licensing hours'I have not got time to type the article but it makes very intresting reading.In short a three anglers from Coventry are to fight the goverment to outlaw the national rod licence and have received support from two local MPs.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thats old news Bulldog, it was in the angling press over a month ago & i made my feelings clear in a letter to them (which was never printed again!!)

I am more than happy to pay a licence fee, the rivers are better than they have been for a long time, where else can you get a proffesional to come & have a look at whats wrong with your waters for 21??

Try & get a private fishery expert to do it for that price!!

"Coventry drinkers" well i think that says a lot , they will have more money to spend on beer iof they don't have to buy a rod licence.

Which means they can take more to the bank, which means more cans to leave along with the packaging etc when they leave, which means more litter to make angling look bad, which means more fire power for the anti's who will also say "see they don't even pay for fishing now its all down to the taxpayers so lets ban it & save money on taxes"

Oh yes really well thought out argument from the "coventry drinkers".

Alan

Bulldog

Site Supporter
If you read the article properly Trogg you would have got the gist that this group is not anti-fee its just that they object to the way so much licence money is swallowed up in administration & not put back into fisheries.As for rivers being better don't make me laugh down our way they are either so clear & shallow,the fish( that are left) can see you for miles or the slightest bit of rain and all they are good for is white water rafting.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter

don't make me laugh down our way they are either so clear & shallow,the fish( that are left) can see you for miles or the slightest bit of rain and all they are good for is white water rafting.

So what you're saying is the rivers were better when they were that polluted you couldn't see the bottom then??

The stretch of river we've got (Maggot drowners) is gin clear & holds some of the largest chub i have ever seen (set a new PB of 5lb2oz on it two weeks ago), there is an island in the middle & after just one days rain the water was covering it (its approx 4ft high) but thats a bonus because it brings oxygen (through naturel diffusion) & food which gets washed in from the banks etc.

There are also some very large Bream, Pike, Trout & Perch in the stretch.

So claiming the rivers are rubbish because they are clear or flooded is a waste of time.

Of course i suppose your argument could be "they haven't done anything on the river(s) i fish so they can't be any good, but then again when you consider just how many rivers there are in the EA's area i suppose it would take a while to get round to sorting them all out.

4 rivers alone flow through Stafford you have the Trent, The Sow, The Penk & the Darling the Ea have done what they can on the Trent & are now starting on the Sow again (it was a "dead" river until the EA came to town), i for one will always support the EA & the Licence i don't mind paying for something i enjoy doing.

I did read the article thoroughly & still came to the same conclusion, they just don't want to pay the licence fee full stop.

Alan

Bulldog

Site Supporter
Trogg calm down. I don't mind paying the licence fee and if the EA work for you good luck.What i object to is the price rise's every year for the sake of price rise's.Look at it this way speed camera's where supposed to be used originally in accident black spot area's
now there on every bit of road in the country.So when you are caught speeding you get fined (and so you should)but how much of that money goes back to making the roads safer or better to drive on, answer very little.Its the same with the EA how much of the money they get from honest anglers goes back into making our rivers better i bet its a small percentage of the income because when money gets tight for the government or they need to build a new dome or they need to go on a jolly they milk all the resource's available that includes our licence money.So thats why it take the EA the time it does to sort the rivers out.The percentage give to them is not enough but instead of the government giving them more from the sale of licences,the easy way out is to hike the price of the licence which is wrong.They might as well stick the price of a licence in with the budget along side petrol,fags, booze, & car tax.

scoobs11

Look at it this way speed camera's where supposed to be used originally in accident black spot area's
now there on every bit of road in the country.So when you are caught speeding you get fined (and so you should)but how much of that money goes back to making the roads safer or better to drive on, answer very little.

actually bulldog the exact amount is zero . the money now goes to the police force that hid the speed camera on the only straight wide piece of road for ten miles.

thereby going towards promoting another officer of the law the week before he retires at 50 and so bumping up his pension another notch[V]

i'll have a fiver on the brown one

Status
Not open for further replies.