Letter Wording Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Come on then all you brain boxes out there [:)] i'm after a little help with wording a letter "politly".... (not easy for me)

What i want to put is some thing like get stuffed.

But being a business i cant do that and for the life of me i cant think of any thing polite to put.

Here's a bit of detail to see if anyone can help[;)]

Person bought a new item (Landing Net & Pole) from myself in July 2009 (about 10 months ago) and informed me it was perfect and everything was great.
I've sold over 300 with no problems.

Now he has contacted me and said he wants a full refund as it was useless from day 1 and although he had said it was perfect it was not.
And from day 1 he had used PTFE tape to screw the net in, but now feels he should get his money back.

If he had contacted me within a few months even to say there was a problem i would have either refunded or replaced the item with out any problem but to me 10 months is takeing the pee.

Now i've read through the distance selling regs and their time scale for refunds is worded as follows "problems to be notified Quickly" to be eligable for refunds.

Personally i think he's just after turning me over as his email to me is threating taking action against me.
Thats not a problem as due to the time since sale he would have to prove the item was faulty and i have proof that he said it was perfect.

So come on any POLITE wording hints for me.

[:H]

bigdavewsf

copy and paste the distance selling regs and highlight the "problem to be notified quicky" bit, also remind him off the "everything was perfect" report

then say sorry but in the circumstances after 10 months that neither a replacement or refund is appropriate in this circumstances, if he wants to persue it in court you have the relevent documentation to hand to prove your case

MALC

Thats perfect [:T]

I knew someone would think politer than i was thinking.[:T]

So obviouse as well [:)]

[:T]

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
the words that spring to mind are;

Dear Sir,

Far Cough

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm not sure though having more priveleged information I'm begining to think the buyer might have a point [:p]

lol

MALC

And you can stop that Webbo i'll see him in court for all 8.75 as i can be Tenacious [:p]

Might as well have just typed what i was going to in the first place going by the last email off him. LOL

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Teresa has just read the email you sent me Malc and her verdict - "Waht a plonker" [:D]

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Dear sir/Mr X.

I have considered your request for a refund of the cost of the landing net and handle you purchased in July 2009. In this case I am not prepared to make such refund.

After purchasing the items you reported to me (in an e-mail/telephone conversation) on XX July that the items were "perfect". You informed me ten months after purchase that you were not happy with the products. I cannot regard a period of ten months as being within the timescale laid out in the Distance Selling Regulations for making such a claim. The DSRs can be found at (quote website address). Had you immediately reported the items as damaged or unsuitable I would have willingly supplied a replacement or refund.

I have sold approximately 300 of these net/handle sets and yours is the first complaint I have received. This indicates that there is no design or manufacturing flaw. I have therefore to assume that the items have become damaged/unuseable through misuse in the 10 months since you reported them "perfect".

Yours faithfully/sincerely

Malc

Status
Not open for further replies.