Let me see yer tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

danzante

Ee arr lads,
i would like to know what tackle do you take with you when visiting a river, i don't fancy being a pack horse again.

if it's in yer back yard,please refrain from answering cos i know Trogg would bring his bed, one carp rod (there's no chance of 'im catching a barbel is the'?) icon_smile.gif and Dian would be harish'd bringing him tea and sarnies.

When i take a trip to Anglesey,(sea fishin',rocks) i carry 4/5 reels, 3/4 rods, a million weights icon_smile_dead.gif 3 million lures, as much bait as i can afford, practically the kitchen sink, just in case, and loads of inhalers, honest.icon_smile_blush.gif

I'm thinking of robbin' one of those Martin Bowler twin tips i had in my hand the other day, looks a good river rod to me but what do i know icon_smile_sleepy.gif

Danny

G

Rod holdall
2 feeder rods
1 float rod
Pole
3 reels
Box (Watercraft)
in the box
Float rigs,approx 30no
cushion,for my box, gotta have a soft seat
Ground bait
Brown crumb
Scissors, 3 pairs
Forceps, 2 pairs
Sunglasses
Binoculars
Small bottle fairy liquid
Knife,,, small

JeeeeeeezeDanny what did you ask what do i take with me for, it will take all night mate,to make it easier it weighs a bloody ton,thats why i like a short walk,,,,
Have you heard how the Tees is fishing????? horse shoe bend??
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
The bream are showing mate

i'm going to bait up
Andy

danzante

Andy,
Have you heard how the Tees is fishing????? horse shoe bend??

sounds like somewhere in "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" icon_smile.gif

Yes, i too carry two feeder rods and a float rod so i thought with an Avon type rod just the one would suffice (nahhhhh! two in case the other breaks icon_smile.gif)along with a million other bits, not forgetting my bins'

Danny

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
After a lot of due care thought etc. i settled on the following for a small river, One rod 11ft quiver tip one reel, bank stick and landing net. All other tackle is kept to a bare minimum stored in a small box. Bait is dependant on where when and what I'm fishing for.

Big rivers, 2 quiver tip rods med and heavy. 1 11ft and 1 12ft 2 reels. Again all tackle will be kept to a minimum but will include feeders and bait droppers this time.

The tackle carried will be small scales and weigh sling forceps torch and head lamp camera usuall bits and pieces and a light weight nylon jacket.

Left in the car will be spare leads and other bits of tackle. If I am unsure of river levels then the other top lengths will also be in the car ( I use twin tip rods). A lure rod and lures is also left in the car. I travel as light as I can.

chill out go fishing

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
One minibus packed to the hilt with as much gear as i can get in it.
Or as john (esox) will verify (i bloody hope) one bag (holdall or backpack with built in stool) one rod & bottle of pop.

Same in winter only the bag will contain stove, pan, kettle, tea, coffee, sugar, milk, bacon, sausage, eggs, beans,plate(s) & other necessary cutlery Oh & a big bottle of water.

Alan

G

Danny i thought you were at the Boro mate,,,,
Horse shoe bend,, a cracking venue, big river bream, a 60lb bag was took the other day, bit of a walk but well worth it

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:

What an excellent thought.

Danzante (see ican speeel it) the scouse mackam LOL
He'll be telling us he supports manchester united next.

Alan

paul mc

quote:
quote:

What an excellent thought.

Danzante (see ican speeel it) the scouse mackam LOL
He'll be telling us he supports manchester united next.

Alan

He may as well support man utd because his team will never win anythingicon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif
I take pretty much the same as essox, as well as my unhooking which i use as a seat.

Regards Paul Mc

G

Trogg, now then big fella gotta put you right on a couple of points ere m8,
I am not a scouse makem,,,,, i'm a makem, and proud of iticon_smile_approve.gificon_smile_approve.gificon_smile_approve.gif.

And i do not support man utd,,,,, cos i do not like the pansies game, rugga mate rugga, and FISHING,
Must say tho FISHING comes first.
And please Trogg dont get your moderator head onicon_smile_wink.gifjust cos i have put you right on a couple of things...

Alio i think horse shoe is just outside of tees side park,

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Zinky

Grumpy
Trogg,

One minibus packed to the hilt with as much gear as I can get in it.
I trust you were on the way to the local tip according to rumour thats the best place for it.

Edited by - Dave on 06 July 2002 7:34:39 PM

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Toma

you rally should learn to read.

I said Danzante was a scouse makem not you.

Paul Mc

I've seen your tattoo with the everton tower on it & liverpool fc underneath.

Bragginbrat

The only tackle i've taken to the tip is the rubbish i brought from you along with your stupid bait.

Alan

Edited by - Trogg on 06 July 2002 7:46:17 PM

Nige

Got a rucksack at Xmas for trips to the river, BRILLIANT, still take all the rubbish, just in-case, but it weighs nothing on your back compared to the box. It now means I've got a hand free to carry a bedchair - heaven!!!

Nige, Wishin I was Fishin

danzante

First of all, what's a Makem?,

it's funny innit, all that gear and what i use yer could fit in a small tin.

I have a body warmer jacket with a good few pockets in it....i should really fill that up and make do.....then again i'd look like a twenty stone midget...shut up Alan.icon_smile.gif

Danny

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
ME?? Danny...as if i'd say anything nasty about your sportman style body shape icon_smile_wink.gif

Well the word weebel springs to mind LOL

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.