leptospirosis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi All

Just thought i'd put a link up for you to have a read about leptospirosis (wiels disease).

considering we as anglers are at serious risk of this disease maybe it would be wise to learn what you can about it.

Click here

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin
Datafile.gif

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Nice 1 Trogg id heard of it but never knew it was quite that serious ill be more careful by the waterside now [;)] Cant say i have ever heard of any 1 i know getting it so..... Always a first

Tight lines [:D]

scouse

'River Man'
hi trogg
well done,[:p]
It is as bad as you say,
I have a mate who caught it
he only just made it
so lads be careful,
i always carry disinfectant
with my fishing gear
because how many times have you put a hook in your finger[:0]
just a thought

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

G

Thanks Troog for pointing this out.

I done a health and saftey course at work about it, yuk very nasty, one drop of rats pee, who would of thought of the outcome of that, not me for one

catch me if u can
Andy,

martin.

Account Locked
hi alan
its a very good subject to bring up in the write up on the link they say that 60%+ of town rats are infected it dosnt state there
are on ave twice as many rats in towns than people
THATS the frightening part.

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Martin

if i remember correctly at the last "census" they estimated 3.2 rats to each human.!!

They also estimated that it could be double that in the countryside!!

Anyone fishing a farm pool is obviously at a greater risk due to rats living in huge numbers on farms ,unless its my mate Johns pool, he's got around 100 cats at the last count so he doesn't have many rats (ask scoobs he's been there) [:D]

Alan

martin.

Account Locked
alan
your probably right also after a lot of rain when the waterlevels in the ground are high they leave the riverside & drains ect & move into built up areas .

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

mookie

mookie
[:(][:(][:(]

Hi All -- Yes this is a terrible disease...well done Al to mention this to everybody.....rivers are far worse for rats, it does not help when anglers throw lerftovers from bait boxes and leftover sarnies behind them...while fishing... our local River Tees is terrible at night and daytime for the furry menace...even had them creep up my baitwaiter at night....not a nice sensation [V][V]....

Cheers all.....AND BE SAFE WHEN FISHING !!!!!!

MOOKSTER [:D][:D][:D][:D]

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
Argh!! the number of times I have washed my flask in the river or washed my hands before eating my sandwich. Not no more thanks for the alert.....HAYDN.........He`ll soon be here.........

Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.

scouse

'River Man'
hi haydn
just take some water
in a lemo bottle
and you can wash your hands
when you want a sarnie,
i carry purell hand sanitizer.
dave

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hayden

if you take a look around the supermarkets mate you'll find things like handsanitizer (As Dave scouse pointed out), you'll also find baby wipes which are just as good.

The best thing to clean your flask with is baby bottle steralizing tablets, just crush one up put it in your flask then fill it right to the brim leave it overnight & see what difference it makes.

I also clean the lid (one of those press n pour lids) by putting the lid inot the flasks cup then pouring some of the mixture over it when i've finished cleaning the flask.

Just remember to clean them all thoroughly afterwards.

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.