Lemington Lakes - Gloucestershire (HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Has anyone ever fished Lemington Lakes in Gloucestershire especially the match lake as i've got a match on there on Sunday 11th and cannot find much helpfull info on the venue, (tried their web site but no mention of the match lake).

So if anyone has any info at all (stock,baits,depths,tactics)regarding this venue could you please let me know !!

This will be the first match for years that i've fished and not even had a chance to go and find the venue let alone fish it.

Cheers in advance

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

churt

23/06/02 - 25/02/04
In Memoriam
Malc, this probably won't be much help. We fished the Vern Dix Memorial on that lake approx 4 years ago, it was won by Jon Lees fishing the feeder up against the island whether it was block or open end and with what bait, I don't know. Chances are i Won't see him before the weekend. ( may have seen him on saturday, but I'm at Moorlands with you!!) I fished pole as i was the wrong end to fish the island and caught nothing to write home about!! Sorry I can't be much help as I've asked around my lads and no ones fished it for ages considering it's only just down the road! Speak soon Churt.

churt

Lurcher

You may not believe me as I will be fishing with (or against you) on Sunday) and I know what a closed mouth lot from Rugby you all are especially RED who despite been the best angler amongst the DIRK, Dave, Malc and Co. group wont say a bloody word. But this is what our chaiman Bob told us when he fished it last week.
Ray did 45 carp average weight 4lb on a groundbait feeder.
Bob did 25 carp bigger average weight 6lb some on the inside line on paste and others at range on the island with corn, The method is banned but grondbaits allowed in cup and feeder only. There are 45 pegs on the match lake and we have at this momment in time pegs 1-30 and we did not know if another club has the higher pegs. NBot all pegs can reach the island so lets hope we can both draw well. I do not know how much we can read into Bobs advice as only he and Dirk did minus 2LBs and minus 3 lbs on last Sundays handicap match (all the A section had to catch 5lbs of fish before the weight counted.

G.R.Eggison

MALC

Cheers Churt & Lurcher,

So it sounds like it's the island or bust.

At least got breaky to look forward to.

quote: I do not know how much we can read into Bobs advice as only he and Dirk did minus 2LBs and minus 3 lbs on last Sundays handicap match

Geoff you could be right regards Bob's info icon_smile_big.gif

See you there (if i can find it).

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

churt

23/06/02 - 25/02/04
In Memoriam
Malc, if I can find it anyone can!!! Very nice breakfast.

churt

churt

23/06/02 - 25/02/04
In Memoriam
Malc i've found an article on Lemington in an old A+ I will bring it tomorrow>

churt

Status
Not open for further replies.