Legoland Windsor - Carp & other theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Bazarou

Just returned from a day trip from Legoland, and was amazed to see the size and quantity of carp in the main lake. All commons from what I saw, they ran well into double figures with a couple of upper doubles, possibly a couple ran to 20lb. One noteable fish was an all orange Koi that again was well into double figures. Also spotted were shoals of fry zipping around, hard to tell but they looked like roach to me. The carp were more than happy cruising the shallows by the wooden walkways, were not spooked at all and happy to mop up any free offerings from the public. Clearly a no fish zone they all looked in mint condition and had probably never seen a hook, if only . . . . [:D] The water condition looked lovely as well.

Other parks I've been to . .
Chester Zoo - has an end to end canal feature which the boat runs up and down. Seen a few big red fins below the surface there.

Drayton Manor Park - Tamworth
Main lake - looked at bit shallow and silty but again big carp cruising. There is also a small river that flows at the back of the zoo area, I think it may be the river Anker(?)or at elast a feed to it but I've stood there for ages before, watching the large head of chub, probably in the 1-2lb bracket, just holding in the flow below the bridge.

I'm sure there are many other untapped gems around the UK. It amkes the a day a bot mroe interesting at least for me and breaks up the monotony of the queues !

POLEAXE

I have also seen the shoals of roach at Drayton manor and Chester zoo .Spotted a carp at Drayton manor , was about 5 lb and was swimming in a stream under a bridge as I was heading to the car park to leave .
Other places I have spotted fish including carp , have been Twycross zoo , Chatsworth house and the motor car museum at Gayden .

nobby478

miserable old ....
I remember when Legoland was a theme park, the lake was full of big fish then, I bet ther've done well since.
I think the place was called Windsor Safari Park ? Famous for killer whales and dolphins?.

shark-bait

I went to alton towers middle of last year and they too have massive carp in the main pond and they too wasnt spooked by the people walking next to them .

I did see to lads fishing it with a little cheap rod and the smallest landing net you ever seen . So i gladly reported them to the staff and got them kicked off the park .

Strugglin

Woburn have plenty of carp in their boating lake (the one with the pedalo swans)
They were right under everyone's feet along the boardwalks where you wait to get on. Probably never fished for, as you said "if only"

Red Spike

the little stream that seperates the public from the giraffes at London Zoo has (or at least had) carp in[:)]

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
There are some lovely looking carp in 2 ponds at Crealy adventure park near Newquay.Buy 20p worth of pellet from the machine and lots of fun to be had feeding them,enjoyed that more than rollercoasters,log flumes etc[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.