Lego or ring?

brianNN5

Site Supporter
I had quite a bit of Bayko building kit as a youngster. Then came the electric train set - a couple of shutters and the Princess Elizabeth passenger set. Not forgetting my many farm animals/equipment together with the buildings my dad made. Happy Days.

TonyA

Site Supporter
I had quite a bit of Bayko building kit as a youngster. Then came the electric train set - a couple of shutters and the Princess Elizabeth passenger set. Not forgetting my many farm animals/equipment together with the buildings my dad made. Happy Days.
I had the Duchess of Athol, a saddle tank engine and a little green shunter.

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Hang on a minute, how many Tri-Cast rods and Centris reels has he recently splashed out on? That and a partner who shares his love of fishing.
The Millenium Falcon AND the ring should be a bare minimum as a token of his affection. :beautiful:😍
That's what I like about you @Peter ... **** all! :flipa:
£650 on plastic? Sod that, that's more than I paid for my car!

Chervil

Site Supporter
Hang on! I think I may have sorted it.
lego-engagement-toy-ring.jpg

lego-engagement-ring1.jpg

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Just being frugal Yosemite ;) The car is a bit shabby now and I really could do with a replacement. But as long as it keeps going then I will keep it.
I bought it 16 months ago for the princely sum of £400, sailed through 2 MOT's and other than a couple of mishaps and a couple of tyres @£55 fitted I'm not complaining at all. Over 10K done in it now so it owes me nothing. I think Dave paid more than that just on tires! :eek:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
£538 for a set of four :eek:

However, they are the only point of contact between me in a two ton machine and the road, so can't put a price on that :)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
You can't take it with you ;)

OMG - Did I really post that, Nurse needed at MD towers immediately, reboot required, system failure :eek:

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
You can't take it with you ;)

OMG - Did I really post that, Nurse needed at MD towers immediately, reboot required, system failure :eek:
I think the nurse has logged in... Gulp. Run! Run for your lives!!!
Oh, no. That would just be me running then...

Simon R

Site Supporter
I was a Lego nut as a kid - from the basic bricks through to the technical sets.

DO NOT pay £650 for the Millennium Falcon - there are various internet sites that sell Lego copies at a fraction of the price.

My Dad bought the Falcon from such a site early this year for, I think, about half that price - all the bits came in dozens of little plastic bags and he spent a couple of days sorting them. He bought a load of the silver cartons you get Chinese meals in and emptied each of the bags into them. There are a LOT of individual bricks.
The instructions are pretty naff but there's loads of information you can download from the net.

Took him about a month but he finished it - it was HUGE - he started it on his jigsaw table but one day when I called round he got me to help him transfer it to the dining table - it only just fitted. It's gone now sadly or I'd have posted a photo - it was just too big to keep.

Simon

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Lego copies
Not the real thing though and it'll always be a copy/fake

It's a bit like buying @Mrs Munch a cubic zirconium engagement ring when she really wants a diamond ring - looks the same, a fraction of the price, but not the real thing ;)