Lego or ring?

OldTaff

Site Supporter
We have loads of lego in our house from when our daughter was little,spent hours with her putting it together,must admit I enjoyed it,especially all the Harry Potter stuff 😀
Cannot have too much Lego - the stuff in the living room is just City, his underwater sets went away last weekend (little cousin due to visit) and have joined his space & avengers sets in their big plastic storage boxes upstairs for a while.

My Star Wars, technic and roller coaster are tucked up in our wardrobe :LOL:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
A game called crossfire. The blisters that thing caused to your fingers but, I loved it. Much to the annoyance of my mum and dad. 🤣🤣

I can’t believe it. I’ve found an original one on eBay like I had. They should supply some bandages for your blistered fingers with that game. 🤣🤣

Attachments

• 27289946-70D3-4279-8EB5-6BD74031DE5C.png
    27289946-70D3-4279-8EB5-6BD74031DE5C.png
    451.4 KB · Views: 8

Browner

Site Supporter
My Eval Kanival wind up and go and space 1999 rockets. Would be worth a fortune now.
I sold some dinky toys on eBay a few years back. One was the Starship Enterprise, still had the price ticket on the box. Think it was £4.99. Went for nearly £100.

Browner

Site Supporter
I can’t believe it. I’ve found an original one on eBay like I had. They should supply some bandages for your blistered fingers with that game. 🤣🤣
Had it for Xmas back in the 70’s. should of come with a health warning. Blisters on both index fingers.

satinet

Site Supporter
Seriously ? Picking the cars up off the living room carpet is what kept me and my mates fit back in the day. Oh that’s spoilt that then. 🙄🤣
They still come off the track but not as easily as t'good old days.

It's like a lot of things. Many of the people who still do it are older. Many of the cars are very detailed now.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Son in law is 39 and still crazy about lego, and also warhammer, l couldnt even hazaed a guess as to how much of both he has.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
While sat in the pub last night and rather merry on a few JDs me and the Mr got talking about Lego and how growing up I always wanted Lego but year on year I never got any. Not having a brother either I had to settle on playing with the school Lego. 😞

It led us to talk about how much I would love the Lego Millennium Falcon. All 7541 beautiful pieces of it. When built it's 84cm long, 54cm wide and 21cm tall and costs a meager £650.
But it really is spectacular.

Screenshot_20211017-070055.png

Now for some reason, known only to the Mr, he decided to ask the question. "Would you prefer the Millennium Falcon Lego or an engagement ring?"
What a ridiculous question I thought and or course I immediately said the Millennium Falcon Lego!!!
Much to Mr Munch's horror and some muttering about saying that I said that a little too quickly for his liking....blah blah blah!!!

Oooops!!! 🤷

But now I'm sat here reflecting on last night's drunken conversation over a nice pot of hot steamy coffee and I've realised that now sober. I would still prefer the Millennium Falco Lego. Sorry darling. 🙈

Now, don't get me wrong. My choice of Lego over ring is not from a lack of love that I have for the Mr. It's more to do with a lack of love for jewellery.

That leads me to my question....

What were your favourite toys growing up? Do you still have any and/or use them now? Train sets? Models? Lego? Etc. Is there any you really wanted growing up or that you would love to own now?
Hang on a minute, how many Tri-Cast rods and Centris reels has he recently splashed out on? That and a partner who shares his love of fishing.
The Millenium Falcon AND the ring should be a bare minimum as a token of his affection. :beautiful:😍

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Son in law is 39 and still crazy about lego, and also warhammer, l couldnt even hazaed a guess as to how much of both he has.
We don’t mention Warhammer in our house, too many stacking boxes tucked up at the back of the garage full of dwarves, tau, space marines, Bloodbowl teams….the list goes on and on & I keep promising to eBay it (one day).

nutmeg

Site Supporter
We don’t mention Warhammer in our house, too many stacking boxes tucked up at the back of the garage full of dwarves, tau, space marines, Bloodbowl teams….the list goes on and on & I keep promising to eBay it (one day).
He has a bedroom totally dedicated to warhammer, he goes on warhammer tv, and even gets freebies from them. Needs to grow up and come fishing lol

satinet

Site Supporter
It's all worth good money on eBay.

Robwooly

Hot wheels track and biscuit tin full of cars.
Hot wheels and corgi cars. ( I think )
I had the matchbox cars, they ended up battered and bruised as I used to race them down an old bit of track down the garden, it would be a round robin knockout tournament as I had no friends and was a loner. Had a lot of fun a few years ago going round car boot sales with the missus buying the old matchbox cars I used to have from others, unboxed of course, when I got a familiar one it was like stepping back in time, I'd still have money on that old mustang winning.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Warhammer was another one I was into big time as a kid. Between that and Lego it filled most my room.

nejohn

Site Supporter
For me it was Meccano and Scalectix......we did have a Subbuteo league in our street but no one could really work out how to play the bloody thing properly and usually ended up arguing about the rules.
I was never really into Lego, my younger brother used to play with it a lot but I preferred the nuts and bolts of Meccano. Kathy However has a bit of a thing for Lego she has recently built a pair of 12' tall Dragons, one red and one green (got to prove her Welshness), a VW camper van and a mini cooper, she has also got Abi into who now has a large collection of Harry Potter Lego items including the Hogwarts express, Hogwarts castle, the night bus and Hedwig the owl ..........at least I could dismantle the Meccano and build something else, but the Lego just stands and collects dust

Last edited:

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Yes we were in the Amiga and Atari St era.

Great days.. played loads of football at the park. Bikes all over town. Atari st, mega drive. Space Hulk board game.
I was 40 when I bought my first Amiga, in theory it was for my 8 year-old son.
No hard drive, it booted from a floppy disk, Workbench.
It had 500Kb of memory on board.

Struggling to play some games like The Beast and Back to the Future, I invested in another 500Kb of memory.
A full megabyte of RAM.
The thought of all that power, gave me a warm glow in my Y-Fronts.
And no, I hadn't just peed myself.
:oops:

satinet

Site Supporter
I was 40 when I bought my first Amiga, in theory it was for my 8 year-old son.
No hard drive, it booted from a floppy disk, Workbench.
It had 500Kb of memory on board.

Struggling to play some games like The Beast and Back to the Future, I invested in another 500Kb of memory.
A full megabyte of RAM.
The thought of all that power, gave me a warm glow in my Y-Fronts.
And no, I hadn't just peed myself.
:oops:
The full meg was pretty fancy back then.

My niece and I play retro games on a thing called a raspberry pi. Great fun .