Leger set ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajay

I guess this has already been answered, but can people give me an idea of their favourite feeder rigs; the best for reducing tangles if poss.
Ideally for quite short-range tench/bream fishing, small to medium open-ended feeders, what clips, stops, swivels etc people use.

Thanks in advance [:)]

Bill G

Grandad
i use the loop method ,put feeder on your mainline and make a big loop about a foot long trapping the feeder in the loop , next put a small loop in the end of the big loop and then using the loop to loop method attach your hook length. hope you can understand the text but its sounds right to me

ajay

Thanks, yes I get you. Seems quite simple too.
Ta

badatfishing

Careful where you use the loop method as it can be described as an unsafe rig as the feeder is fixed on the line if the main line snaps for any reason.

All I normaly do is put the feeder on the main line a couple of beads then tie a swivel on followed by the hook length.
Putting the two beads on rather than one creates a sort of boom effect and keeps the hooklength away from the feeder (sometimes use more than 2 beads)

bobmouse

I have mine running on swivel and bead its just easy. Sometimes I use the Korum quick change beads so is easy to change hooklenghs quickly.

zhorian

snap link swivel on mainline .. stops and 'rubber' beads ...as badatfishing says but if weedy then tend to use paternoster .... I like the idea of the loop method and have had fair success with it but at some point in the day I guarantee it tangles ....

breamboy

I agree with zhorian totally i always find that the feeder in the loop method tangles, after a while the hook length always seem to wrap round the main line, even after tying in three small loops to create a stiff boom.Just keep it simple is my motto[:)]

john83

Account Locked
i like to use free running feeder rigs as much as possible, i use a drennan bead and attatch a korda stik clip to the swivel so its nice and easy to change your hooklink

like this

SP_A0371.png

although on the method i prefer to fish it fixed if rules allow using the flat kobra feeders with black hydro through them.

cess monkey

I use a paternoster for most of my bream fishing. For carp i prefer a running ledger or a semi fixed system with the korum adaptors that allow a fish to pull the line clear of the feeder, should your mainline break.

Status
Not open for further replies.